Monday, July 28, 2008

What our School year will look like

Chatterbox:

Bob Jones English 3
Bob Jones Spelling 3
Bob Jones Handwriting 3
Math-U-See Beta
ABeka Science & Health 3
The Mystery of History vol. 1 (2nd half of book)

Junior Squirrel:

Bob Jones Phonics & English 1
Bob Jones Spelling 1
Bob Jones Handwriting 1
Math-U-See Alpha
ABeka Enjoying God's World 2
The Mystery of History vol. 1 (2nd half of book)

We will all read together Christian Liberty Press Nature Readers, various readers, classics and chapter books, and of course the Bible. I am going to use Ambleside online and Sonlight for suggestions for reading for the year.

It is hard to believe that they're in 3rd and 1st grades! Where does the time go? I haven't used ABeka before, but these books were given to me and I couldn't pass them up for use. There are still some items I need to purchase, mostly workbooks and also teacher guides for Chatterbox's Bob Jones items. Tonight I will head to a homeschoool book sale and a meeting for the local homeschool group. I look forward to it. I think we will begin school around August 18, though I'm not sure. I know I want to start earlier than I normally do since we'll be having an exciting disruption in September;)

3 comments:

Mama P said...

That sounds exciting! I hope you have a great meeting tonight and make some great friends/resources. My mom has to start school on Aug FIRST. Makes me glad Im not in school anymore.

Jodie said...

Are you feeling better??

Beth said...

Your plan looks good. I need to look at the BJU 1 materials. We are struggling a bit here with 1st grade!

I hope you are able to meet lots of great friends at the meeting.