Saturday, July 12, 2008

life's happenings

Now that we're moved in we've been having fun and getting out a bit. The other day we went to Jester Park where they have a 'natural playscape'. Everything is built from natural materials and its supposed to let children open up their imaginations. They had a mini Stonehenge, a dino dig and some other things and it sounded so cool, not to mention it was free. That should have been a sign. It was way tinier than we'd envisioned it to be and not quite what we expected. The kids still had fun but we didn't last long there and we soon found our way to some go-carts.

We also went shopping at a mall where I went crazy buying yet more maternity clothes. I keep outgrowing my clothes and had to get more! I'm not complaining, I rarely buy myself anything, but boy do they get expensive. We also bought the kiddos a few clothes and they got to pick out some toys that Nanny bought them.

Today we went here for awhile. The kiddos got to ride on some carnival rides. Nanny had to go on two of them because being pregnant I wasn't about to! Well, let's just say she got a bit sick (on her last day here at that!) and I had to pull over the vehicle while we were trying to find the Touch A Truck thing. Upon hearing it I then began to hurl....all over my arm and the outside of the suburban. So we needed to find a carwash! The boys were disappointed we missed the trucks and I was looking forward to taking them there, but what can you do? I guess Nanny is getting way too old for carny rides! Tonight they're supposed to have some Christian music there so we may head back, depending on how my mom's stomach is doing;)

When we first got there though my phone rang. Zach's been working on this storage shed and he called to say he dropped the door on his big toe and may have broken it! I wonder if he's now wearing shoes when he works out there??? He is one to never wear shoes outdoors! Our shed is looking a bit 'ghetto' (sorry honey) as its totally slanted on the ground. I'm sure they'll say it needs to be straightened because it seriously looks ghetto. Even Junior Squirrel asked if it was crooked! So hopefully the shed will be completed soon, standing straight and looking wonderful all painted and then I can take some pictures of the outside of the house. Soon I'll get to indoor ones. I have other pictures to share that I'll try to get on here soon. Otherwise that is what's been happening with us.

***BTW, when I was puking my guts out my mom was sitting there laughing! Some supportive mother when it was her fault I got sick!!!!! ;)

5 comments:

Beth said...

The carny sounds fun, but getting sick...not so much! I hope your mom is feeling better!

Angie said...

OH MY LORD!!! I was laughing so loud that I had to read the barfing part to Nick....which even had him laughing. You poor women! And then reading about your Mom laughing at you while you were puking...HAHAHA! You two are so silly!

Hope you have a wonderful last night with your Mom!

Shari said...

Oh Jamie, I can so picture you and your mom puking along the road together!! You definitely had me laughing too!! Glad to hear you are enjoying the new place. I can't wait to see pictures.

Mama P said...

Nothing like bonding with your mom over a sick stomach, eh!? I hope everyone is better now. Im glad y'all are settled in and love your new place. I hope you continue to make new friends and find neat things to do.

jljdcraig4 said...

You poor thing................I know what it's like to go through the barfing thing in pregnancy---yuk! I'm glad that you are getting out and having fun, and that your Mom is there w/you to help.
Be blessed,
Lynn