Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ode to lemons

I swear it's the lemons. I had read how lemons can help with kidney stones. So we bought some on Saturday and I drank some real lemony water. Sunday and Monday I felt pretty good, almost 'normal'. Then yesterday I began feeling cruddy again. I tried to drink a lot of water yesterday to see how that helped. It did in ways, but I think I was up about 10 times in the middle of the night going to the bathroom! This morning I'm back to lemons in my water. I will do what it takes to feel good so I can try to resume a normal life these next 8 weeks...

3 comments:

Mama P said...

Oh, I LIVED on lemons/lemon juice when I was pregnant and had morning sickness the entire time.

They're a natural diuretic(good for your kidney stones) and help clean toxins out of your body.

Try squeezing a fresh lemon into room temperature water, and drink it each morning before you start your day...about 6-8 oz., then again before bed.

Risa said...

I love lemon in my water - I usually ask for them at a restaurant and drink water instead of ordering a soda. :-)

Beth said...

Yay for Lemons! I really like lemon in my water. That is what we drink when we go out to a restaurant.