Saturday, July 26, 2008

I left the house!

I wish I could say it was without pain. We've had free zoo tickets for the kids for awhile and have been wanting to use them. We thought we'd try and go today, but I didn't sleep well last night so we sat around until after lunch. We ran to the library real quick and I could barely walk- I was in so much pain! So I wondered if I'd even manage a zoo! I said I'd have to get a wheelchair if they had them!

Luckily they did. At first I felt rather foolish being pushed around in a wheelchair but after awhile I just tried to enjoy myself and didn't care what people may have thought. There's no way I would have been able to walk around...I could barely walk from the car to the entrance! I wish I could say I was pain free, but really I still was having pain. I question whether I should call about it or just wait until my doctor appointment Monday. I'm running out of pain meds (not like they help much anyway) so I'm worried what will happen when I don't have them to help provide some comfort!

Anyway, the zoo was fun. It's a 'small' zoo according to the locals, but when you haven't lived near a zoo for awhile any will do! My favorite, as always, was the monkeys. It is amazing how those things can swing!!! I love monkeys! And go figure that I forgot my camera. Hopefully we will be able to go back in the fall when I'm all better and Abby is here! It sure will make for a more enjoyable experience for me;) I know the kids really enjoyed it and I think we're all a bit worn out...Booty Shaker fell asleep on the way home!

We hope to make it to the Omaha zoo sometime too (Risa, we should plan a weekend to meet up there) but that probably won't be until after baby at this point too!

3 comments:

Risa said...

I would be more than happy to meet you at the Henry Doorley zoo! It's the best one we've been to and the kids love it! And we are only 3 hours from there! :) Plus we have a place to stay! If we went on a school day we wouldn't have the crowds either - unless they happen to have a school tour that day. :) And I wouldn't feel bad that my niece and nephews wouldn't be able to go because they are in school! :) (Things aren't always very fun with them along, I'm afraid!)

And, and, and....Oh, I guess that must be me getting excited! LOL

Risa said...

Did I just "hear" you leave a baby name hint? :)

Anonymous said...

Just had to put my comments in on Henry Doorly.................That is the BEST zoo, and one of the best attractions in my hometwon. Please go while things are still green an pretty out. You will not get a good impression of Omaha if you see it when it's all cold, brown & gray. I'm glad that you are still getting out and out a bit.
be blessed, Jamie,
Lynn
P.S. I love the letter you wrote to "Abby".........you really are a great Mom.