Monday, July 14, 2008

i just wanna stay home!

Today we were gone all day! I had a doctor appointment at 9 am (more a patient intake thing) and 1 pm. Since my doctor is about 25 minutes away I just decided to stay in that town for the day. I managed to make it to Bath & Body Works to get some much desired hand soap and then I took the kids to BK to play. I think I should have just stuck with a park. They had fun but the AC in that part of the building must not have been working and I was dying (I had asked a worker about turning it on but don't think he did much about it)! Then Booty Shaker peed his pants. Quite the time at BK, I tell ya!





I had a stomachache all day, I think because I was real nervous about my appointment. I had heard some things about this doctor and didn't know what to expect. She is an older lady. I'm not quite sure what to think of her. She was very serious and all business. Which is fine, but I'd also like a little friendliness and personality in there! I keep telling myself, "What are the chances of her actually delivering the baby" and that reassures me a bit! The doctor had asked me about a TB test. When she left the room Chatterbox asked, "Mom, what's a TV test? Is that where people get too tired of watching TV?" It was SO funny and I couldn't stop laughing! (Oh, and I think it is retarded that these clinics have midwives but I wouldn't be able to see one because I've had a c-section). I wish I'd had more time to 'shop' for a provider...maybe next time.





We made a trip to Wally World and got a few items and headed home. Once I hit the interstate I smelled the worst smell. It smelled like nasty, sweaty butt. Now I've never actually smelled a nasty, sweaty butt but I'm certain it would smell like the smell we endured most of the way home. I think the outside of my vehicle still smells nasty. I kept wondering what on earth it was. I'd driven down that part of the road before without a nasty smell so I knew it wasn't any of the farms around there. Finally I spotted this garbage/dump truck and quickly was approaching it. What I saw was I think the nastiest thing I'd ever seen. On the top part of the open part of the truck (not in the truck, if that makes sense) was a bloody, dead piglet. It was so gross (and pretty sad too, and I thought of you Jodie of how you'd be bawling over the little piggy). I hope to never see a sight like that again, but I'm sure living in the Midwest I will! Ah, the joys of Iowa;)





Tonight I cleaned out the inside of the suburban- finally! I bought Booty Shaker a new car seat and figured I'm not sticking it in a dirty vehicle. Afterwards I was able to take a nice, cool bath. It was so refreshing. I probably hadn't taken a bath in at least a year. No, I don't stink, I just take showers! In our last house the water was so nasty looking there was no way I'd bathe in it! The bath was so refreshing and just the thing for this pregnant gal!





Oh, speaking of pregnant another thing that happened at my appointment was regarding my weight. I brought them my records from MS from this pregnancy and I think those records had my pre-pregnancy weight a bit higher. I actually may have weighed that much because I never did lose weight since losing the last two babies, but I don't like to think that I weighed that before I was pregnant. So when I had to put my pre-preg weight down today I said closer to my 'normal' weight. I guess I shouldn't have done that because the doctor said something about how I'm on the high side of weight gain. Which if you consider the weight I wrote today would be 30 lbs. already and I know I didn't gain that much! Nothing like your doctor thinking you are fat;) Just kidding! I guess I should have clarified with her but didn't think on it until later.

Oh, and another thing. It is one thing to pee in a cup, right? Well, they gave me this









to pee in and bring back to my next appointment! It looks like a pill bottle! I have a difficult enough time peeing in a normal cup! This should be interesting...




I have declared tomorrow stay-at-home day. I'm tired of running here, there and everywhere. What on earth is it like to stay home? It's been awhile since I've had a home to stay home in! But I look forward to just relaxing with the kiddos tomorrow.

4 comments:

Risa said...

I had to pee in a cup like that once - I think you could pee in a different cup and pour it into that one...just make sure the first one is sterile.

My new Dr. is kinda like that too but I was a little uncomfortable seeing her the first time anyway since it was for an annual check up and all the stuff that comes with it! Not really the best way to "meet" new people! LOL

Choppzs said...

Just a question...why do you have to pee in the cup at home??? Hmmm, never had to do that before.

And I will never let my kids play in a play thingy at BK or McD's or whatever since I read the story about the needles being found in the balls! I feel bad, cause they want to play, but ick.....

Jodie said...

That was quite the post. SAD on the dead pig but LOL on the what you thought the smell smelled like.

You sure have been busy.

Anonymous said...

The smell thing always get me when I a pregnant! I go around the house looking for things I smell and no one else does:) I also hold my nose in my own garage and everyone in the fam says they don't smell anything - go figure!
Glad you are doing well!
Gina