Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July from our new home!!!

I have temporary internet and I'm taking a break! I think we decided we're done for today. After all, it is the 4th of July! So Happy Independence Day to you all! We had our walk through Tuesday and found some things not completed and some minor repairs. They've already seen to taking care of some of the things so that's good. At least I no longer have a door with our address spray painted on!

Wednesday I was able to get my mom from the airport. We then packed up the hotel hoping we'd still close around 11:30. Things just hadn't progressed as hoped and it was a stressful day. We wondered if we'd even close. And there wasn't much to do, having checked out of the hotel! But we FINALLY left the bank around 5:30 with keys in our hand to our new home! What a RELIEF!!! They were waiting all day on one stinking piece of paper from the city. Geesh.

Yesterday all our goods arrived and so far everything seems to have come in one piece! Praise God for always blessing us with good, careful movers. We're finding that a LOT of things are in the basement and it is crowded. Doesn't help that my husband is the type to empty a million boxes and work like that;) I haven't touched the basement yet, but much of our homeschool supplies will be down there so I will eventually get there. Yesterday we did manage to get the whole kitchen put together! I am so thankful that my mom is here to help or I'd still be swimming in dishes! Today we put together most of the living room and it seems Chatterbox's room is about complete, as well as ours. Just minor things, like hanging pictures, curtains and such need to be done. It's amazing how much is done!

Tomorrow Zach will start putting a shed together so that we can store stuff in there. It is a GOOD thing we have a basement or we'd be lost!

Well, we're off to shower and go have a little fun considering its the 4th. Last night we could see some fireworks from our windows (I think they were in Des Moines). We're hoping to find out where some are at tonight and head there. Hope you all are well and have a blessed weekend!

8 comments:

Angie said...

Glad to see your things were delivered and that it was a smooth day with the movers.

Can't wait to see pics!!!

Happy 4th to you too!

Risa said...

Hope you found some good fireworks! Give your mom a hug from me and tell her I said to not let you work too hard! LOL

Our living room was like your basement the first week we were here (we don't have a basement!) but mostly because we didn't realize how small this place was going to be! And to think that we got one of the 2 biggest 3 BR apartments here - God must have had something to do with that because we had no idea that they could get smaller than this! :) It's kinda nice to know he has your best interests in mind...

Sorry, I didn't mean to get that long winded! :) I should just go on over to my blog and post something! :)

Hope you get everything settled soon - I can't wait to see pictures! :)

Melissa said...

Glad to hear you're in your new house!

missy said...

glad to hear you're settling in quickly. us too.
love,
missy

Elizabeth said...

How exciting! A new city, a new house and a new baby coming. Glad to hear you're moved in and getting settled. Take it easy! Can't wait to hear the news that your baby is here!

Becca said...

I wrote a comment yesterday and then got an error message after trying to post. Grrrr.

Anyway....glad to hear you're settling in....sounds as tho it's going quite quickly....thank goodness for mom, huh? ;)

jljdcraig4 said...

What a blessing that your Mom is there with you--------And I have to say that you are extremely blessed to have a basement where you can store things. When our boxes arrived, there was no place to hide them. I about went nuts the first week, trying to unpack & get rid of all of them.
Enjoy your new home.....
Lynn

Jodie said...

Its so nice that you're mom is there to help. I can't wait to see pics of the new place all set up.