Tuesday, July 29, 2008

what a mistake!

So, I felt pretty good today and thought I'd venture out. I took the kiddos to Culver's for lunch, ran by the bank and thought we'd get some library books. All was going great until my way to the library. I felt the urge to pee. Now, with this dang stent in me I often feel that urge, but like I said this morning I was feeling pretty good. We walked into the library as quickly as we could and headed to the bathroom. By this point I was running down the hall! What a sight that must have been! And of course there's hardly anything...its more of an urge (and a MAJOR inconvenience) than anything. So, we venture to find our books (I had a list of some books I'd like to read to the kiddos) and I feel the urge again and have to practically run to the bathroom. I quickly found my books and we came home. It is so miserable. Seriously, how am I supposed to function, go anywhere, etc when I feel like this? I'm not about to put on a diaper! I want to be able to venture out once in awhile in the next 6-8 weeks, not be in total seclusion!!!

Also, last night I was able to make that homeschool meeting. I came home and went to my bed crying (good ol' hormones) because I didn't even meet anybody!!!! How disheartening! I was there for almost 2 hours!!! This group doesn't have park days and monthly Mom's meetings anyway (something I'd really like in a group), so I wasn't sure I wanted to join, but still you'd think SOMEBODY would have been kind enough to introduce themselves! Good thing there are a variety of groups around here so I can 'shop around' (providing I don't have more incidents like the one today with having to RUN to the bathroom).

4 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad you were feeling better today. It really stinks that you are still having trouble though.

I'm so sorry you didn't meet anyone at the meeting! That was very rude of those people. (((HUGS)))

Mama Podkayne said...

I meant to email you earlier! We live on the NE side of DM, not far from Ankeny. I belong to two homeschool groups- one has co-ops and monthly meetings and park days and an awesome online resource:
iahomeeducators.org

The other is a yahoo group IDEA2 and meets weekly at Ft. DM park near the zoo on the south side. From ankeny take 35 south to the Southridge/zoo/Carlisle exit. 1-4 PM as long as it is over 50 degrees and is not raining. At the playground and the moms congregate at the tables that are NOT by the bathrooms but ARE under shade cover.

Neither groups are specifically religious, but are inclusive, very inclusive. Email me for a playdate!

Risa said...

Just keep taking it easy - things are bound to get better soon! :)

Unknown said...

Oh MAN -- how far would you want to drive to a home school co-op? LOL The one is Knoxville is very loving... (seems to me anyway).