Sunday, July 13, 2008

she's gone

My mom flew out today. I shed just a few tears as I hugged her good-bye and thanked her for all of her help. Mom, I would have lost all sanity that I still have if you hadn't come to help. Thank you SO much for coming out and for being a huge help. You have no idea how much it means to me.

Last night my mom and I went to a Christian concert they were having. I think it was praise bands from various area churches playing. It was nice to get out and a great way to end our time together. As I was sitting there I was reflecting on how much I really like this place. The people are so super friendly, be it in a store, waving as they drive by or just a friendly smile here or there. The weather is perfect. I actually got a bit chilly last night as a breeze hit when we were sitting at the outdoor concert! You in Mississippi will not believe that- chilly in July??? It is wonderful to be able to enjoy the outdoors and not sweat your bottom off!

One of the neighbors told me about this nice walking trail right by our house so my mom and I took advantage of that Friday evening. It was beautiful- wooded and if you go far enough (we didn't because I was pooped) you come to a bridge and fountain. I will definitely have to show it all to Zach and the kids on a cool evening.

I feel like I have the best of both worlds- city life right around the corner but also hiking, swimming and other outdoor activities right in my backyard! Now come winter I may be complaining a bit on how cold I am, but I haven't lived in 'winter' in about 6 years so you'll have to cut me some slack!

Well, I better run as we have our first visitors coming to dinner in a bit. I hope to soon get pictures posted on here.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your visit with your mom, even with all the busyness of moving & unpacking. I know she was a tremendous blessing to you.

Your new home sounds delightful! Can't wait till it is our turn to relocate!

Amie said...

Sounds like a nice place to live.

Becca said...

You've been so busy! It's good to hear that you're liking your new state and finding so much to do.