Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday night

Not much to talk about today. Last night before I put the kiddos to bed we played the board game Sorry. They sure had fun with that! It was hard to get into a 'school' gear as yesterday we took our 'field trip'. But we managed to do school, laundry and vacuum floors today- all before about 2 pm! I allowed the children to play video games for a bit while I tried to rest. I let Chatterbox come in bed with me last night (she wanted to one night while daddy was away). I slept fine with her in there but then Booty Shaker crawled in in the middle of the night and after that I slept terribly! I was so tired today! I went and got us a few movies for the weekend. Tonight we watched Kung Fu Panda. It was a pretty cute movie. Normally I don't watch movies with the kids (Zach's the movie buff) so I think they liked that I did that with them!

It is really windy out all of a sudden. We're supposed to get some flurries in the night. I only hope so for the kids' sake- they'd love to wake up with some snow on the ground! Hopefully I'll sleep ok...it seems like the wind just whips through the house and I don't always sleep well when its windy.

Today it really hit me that Zach's gone. I certainly am not bored or lonely with my little ones to keep my company but I miss adult interaction! It's hard when I don't know a whole lot of people here. Had I been in MS I'd be keeping myself busy with my friends! I think I also was dreading the weekend. With no schoolwork to do, yucky weather and all I was wondering how I'd keep myself sane and keep the kids happy! I'm sure it will all go fine but by the end of the day I feel like I should just start having an adult conversation with myself;)

I have a question for ya. Sweet Pea's always had a blocked tear duct. It's pretty much gotten better over the weeks but sometimes it gets worse. Well there have been a few nights now where her whole eye is real red (the eyelid and around the eye). It is so weird and I wonder what it could be and thought I'd throw it out there to see if any of you have had experience with that.

Oh and to answer your question, Heather, CB has nervous 'ticks'. It seems they've gotten better over the months though...but it seemed horrible through the summer. I even took her to the doctor. I wonder if it was just with the changes we went through with the move or something. Anyway, she still does it a bit but its not nearly as pronounced or often as what it was. So, that's what she meant in her letter...

5 comments:

DDanielle said...

I can imagine you must miss other adults. Its rough. Chad is gone this weekend, but he took Daniel so I only have the one on my hands....so for me its more of a vacation lol.
Don't know anything about the tear ducts. I know I would hate to see that eye all red, poor thing.

Angie said...

Claire had a blocked tear duct and someone told me to massage a little breastmilk in it....I tried it, don't know if it worked but I also just used a warm washcloth to open it up. Her doc said it's pretty common for them to become unclogged and then clog back up again. Her's did it a few times.

Hope you found something fun to do with the kiddos this weekend!!

Sherry said...

Hi Jamie,

Darci had blocked tear ducts as a baby and ended up having a couple of eye infections because of it. I was told to massage the area several times a day and use a warm wash cloth to wipe around the eyes. It did eventually get better but it took a while.

Sherry Strack

Kim said...

HI JJ had a blocked tear duct when he was a baby. The Dr. told me to take a warm baby wash cloth and gently massage the corner of his eye in a clock wise direction like 3-4 times a day. It worked. However Baby Girl had one eye that would always have tears run out of it for like 2 months I thought it was a blocked duct and did the same with her only it never got better. I took her to her 2 month check up and the Dr said she had a sinus infection and gave her medicine. It cleared up after that. so if it doesn't clear up with the massage maybe check with the Dr to see if she has a sinus infection.

Amie said...

Zach will be home before you know it.

I love the game SORRY. That was the first board game I got when I was little.