Sunday, November 09, 2008

Well, here I go

Being a 'single mom' for about two weeks! Should be interesting! Already today I've had to deal with some behavior issues. I think mainly because one little boy didn't get enough sleep... I didn't make it to church today because I had to take Zach to the airport, so instead I came home and cleaned. The house was all clean, but now toys are once again strewn all over. Oh well. At least the floors are no longer sticky and the toilets are shiny! Normally I don't clean on Sundays but I just wanted to get it over with so then the kiddos and I can do whatever we please the other days. I'm still going to try to make it to the Twin Cities to see Jodie & Bethany (friends I grew up in church with), as long as the weather holds out for me! Speaking of, I need to call Jodie about that... Oh and our first snowfall didn't stick to the ground...but its been pretty chilly.

Yesterday we had a wonderful day! The baby was smiling and 'talking' away right away in the morning and the kiddos climbed into our bed for a bit to watch. Then they realized it was Saturday and ran downstairs to watch some cartoons! I managed to drag out ALL our winter items (boots, hats, gloves, coats), organize them and clean out the fridge. Then the I played Scrabble Junior with the kiddos. Chatterbox asks like every day to play Clue with Zach & I so we played two games of that. It was such a relaxing day, staying in from the cold and spending time together.

I think tonight I'll order pizza for dinner and play some games with the kids. I also need to go through CB's room. That girl used to be so neat...I'm not sure what happened but her room is always a mess. Maybe the size? Anyhow we've got to get rid of some of the junk in there or put stuff in the basement. I'm tired of always seeing it a mess! Hopefully we can get to that today.

6 comments:

DDanielle said...

Nice relaxing days like that are always nice. Good luck for the next two weeks, but I am pretty sure you will be just fine.

Kim said...

Hope you make it through the next two weeks. I know it's so hard when Jess leaves. I swear to myself that I won't make it and I'll go insane, but I always manage and I'm sure you will too. Hope the weather holds up for you so you can go visit your friends. I must admit you're pretty brave to venture that far by yourself with 4 kids.

Mama P said...

Sounds like a good productive day! I need one of those tomorrow, so pray for me.

You can do it! I'll pray that the next two weeks will fly by!

Becki said...

It's no fun playing the single mom life! I will pray that all goes smoothly until the safe return of your dh!

Me said...

Good luck w/ the next 2 weeks :) I'm sure you'll be extremely happy to see Hubby come home!

Mmm, pizza! Hope you enjoyed that and the games!

paige said...

i love when you write stuff like this on your blog... Good practical little thoughts for me to chew on... hmmmm... "clean toilets? hmmm... maybe i should clean OUR toilets!!!" haha.
Neil has been travelling 4 out of the last 5 weeks & he's going away next week all week too. It does make it hard ~ Aren't we lucky to have so many little people to keep us company??!!