Thursday, November 20, 2008


We had a great field trip to the fire station. It is a new fire station, I guess (I wouldn't know since the whole town is so 'new' to me). It is beautiful and the firemen did an awesome job in describing so many aspects to the children. We were able to sit in an ambulance, walk through a fire truck and learn about each of these. We saw the Jaws of Life. We saw their kitchen (3 stainless steel refrigerators), their living area, library and sleeping area. For some reason Booty Shaker was nervous about it all, until the very end! I was finally able to get pictures with him! I had to walk through the fire truck in order for him to do so! I was the only adult to do it but it was fun (and I was carrying the baby on me, what a site it must have been)! We're going to make the fireman a wonderful thank you card!!!

5 comments:

Mama P said...

Oh that looks like great fun! I always loved giving the kiddos tours of my ambulance...it was so cute the things they thought to ask. What was CB's question? (The pic with her hand raised)

Beth said...

What Fun! I love trips to the fire station. My kids are outgrowing their fascination. Only one left that has much interest now.

Kim said...

Looks like fun. I had to ride in an ambulance when I dislocated my knee. They are not very comfy to ride in, I kept feeling like I was gonna fall off the bed, and they must of hit every bump possible. It was a very bumpy ride, especially when you're in so much discomfort and pain.

Laura said...

That's a GREAT picture of your three big kids on the fire truck! It looks professional...kind of posed, but not really, and the lighting is great!

Anonymous said...

Loved the slide show!
We went to the new Fire Station at SJAFB and they have an awesome set up! Gina