Tuesday, November 04, 2008

yellow bus, yellow bus...

Please come quick to save me from insanity!!! Yesterday and today I've dealt with an extremely fussy baby. It's like she constantly wants to nurse but then majorly spits up. I feel like I should get her on more of a feeding schedule but its rather difficult. I can't let her cry and cry and cry like she's been, so when nothing else soothes to the breast she goes. And that's what she wanted! Add on top of that that Chatterbox is on another writing chapter in English and I just want to send her away to the building down the street with all the desks in a row! I don't know what it is but this child can NOT think for herself when it comes to writing!!! It's a simple letter she has to write and she just can't get it! And rather than doing just the 'normal' number of drafts I make her write way more because she just doesn't get it! Should I have to tell her everything??? When will she learn to think for herself? What do I do? You should have seen the tornado in my living room before lunch...I swear Booty Shaker took down like every toy he owns and scattered it all over! I think Junior Squirrel is the only one I am 'enjoying' today. I hate feeling that way...like I can't even enjoy my children. I know its the devil telling me lies (I'm reading this book) but its so hard to not believe them. Sometimes it feels like we'll never get over the hurdles, humps and bumps! Then I wonder how I'll manage for the two weeks that Zach's gone! Lord, help me because I will need it!!! Well, the baby is fussing again and CB needs her third attempt at a letter checked so I need to run...

4 comments:

Amie said...

Tomorrow is a new day.

Kim said...

Sounds like you need a TDY and Zach stay home. The boys get like that with me too. They are just being lazt and want me to do the work for them. Hope tomorrow goes smoother for you.

Angie said...

Something that one of Jacob's para's came up with this year for writting really is a good idea!

You write the topic CB would be writting about, circle the word and then do spider legs (what Jacob calls them) outward and he has to come up with things about the topic. He gets a lot more out of his writting doing this.

He was doing this on a different sheet of paper at first, but now can do it so well that he just does it in the corner of the paper and goes from there!

Might be worth a try!!!

momanna98 said...

How about you ditch the school book? I know it's hard, but she might really benefit from it. She could get a penpal. And then when she writes, don't correct her. I mean, make sure she does basics like dear so and so and love CB, and make sure she gets the address right, but otherwise, just let her write whatever she feels like it. The more she writes, the more she will get a feel for it. She could start a journal. Everyday, write a few sentences about her day. And again, don't correct her. That will discourage her. She will just be getting a feeling of how to put her thoughts down. And of course the more she reads, the more she will understand how things should be written. She could also start a nature journal. Does she like art? That might help. She could draw a picture of something and then write about it.
As far as a baby wanting to nurse all the time... that was my first daughter. Oh, that was a hard time in my life. I feel for you. She finally grew out of it and we lived. I'll keep you in my prayers.
If you need a penpal for your daughter, my niece is 8, I could ask my sil if she wants a penpal.