Tuesday, November 04, 2008

groups

Remember when I went to that homeschool meeting and was so upset because I didn't meet a single person? Well, I decided to join that group! The first I've joined doesn't seem to have much in the way of field trips and all...I've only gone to two meetings they've had and that's it! There's really no other way for me to meet people, I feel, unless I join this other group that has a lot more going on. Man, we could do PE like 3 times a week if we want. There's gymnastics for homeschoolers once a month (we may try it this month). There's field trips. I feel like we really need some friends and fellowship and things to do (I'll probably change my mind when the weather cools down again like its supposed to in a few days). I can't wait to see how it goes. I signed us up last night for a field trip to the fire department. I may take us to see The Nutcracker in a few weeks. I'm going to try to arrange for a baby-sitter and check out the meeting Monday night (at a lady's house I know so I won't feel too weird). I'm ready to get more plugged in! That's been the most difficult thing about our move so far...normally its finding a church but the Lord blessed us with that right away!

1 comment:

DDanielle said...

Boy do I hear you. I have been desperately trying to find "something". Chad gets to talk to adults our of the house everyday. I do talk to "adults" about work through IM and e-mail. However there is just something about face to face contact. Good luck I am sure you will be able to contact with a nice group of people soon!