Sunday, November 23, 2008

Just another quickie

I am freezing down in this basement. I wish it were either partially finished or I wish my laptop worked. I tried to take the power cord back to Best Buy today and they wouldn't take it back or allow me to exchange it! I was livid!!! It's only the little connector part that plugs into the adapter and computer. So I've just emailed the company. If they can just send me the little part I need I'll be happy. I w/ill never shop at Best Buy again. I wish my blog were public just so people could see that the store is horrible. Like I knew I had to be a 'member' or whatever in order to exchange a product!

Booty Shaker was only sick for like a day. He had that fever and the next day he was pretty much ok. He's coughed and sneezed a bit but nothing. It is really weird, not sure what was going on. And so far the rest of us are healthy! I hope it stays that way as I rescheduled our playdate for tomorrow and with Thanksgiving being this week!

Zach made it home at last! His plane was an hour late but other than that he's here! It is a relief to have him home again! It really wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated without him. I honestly can't believe I made it! I managed to play a lot of games with the kiddos. Yesterday Chatterbox and I played numerous games of Clue. She loves that game!

Sweet Pea has been cooing for some time now but yesterday she really took off with it! It was the day she's ever 'talked' the most! In the morning she made a little sound like she was going to laugh! She's been giving me the biggest grins! I love it!!! She is so precious and growing way too quickly for my likings!

Zach really wanted to drive to the UP for Thanksgiving but I think its too far a drive for such a short time. Today our pastor's parents invited us to their home for Thanksgiving dinner. It was very sweet of them to do so and it will be nice to not have to spend another holiday alone! We really are blessed by our church family! And to have such godly counsel from our pastor!

Well, I don't want to freeze forever so I'm going to finish up on here and pray that the company w/ill send me my part for my laptop!!! And I hope to catch up on y'alls blogs soon!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hi so glad to hear Zach made it home safely. I hope you get your cord replaced for free through that company, or at least a discount. I love when babies do all that cooing and trying to talk. It's so precious! Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

Angie said...

Oh~I just thought of this....when you talk to someone again at Best Buy and tell them you didn't know about the member thing, make sure you mention where you lived for the past years and that there were No Best Buys in that area to shop at.

I love the pics of baby on my phone...she is a doll!

I would like to go home for Thanksgiving too, but I would have to go alone with the kiddos and just don't want to drive that far alone. But our neighbors and us are doing dinner together~should be nice.

Glad to hear Zach made it home. Does he have Thurs/Friday off??

Amie said...

I was hoping you guys might make the trip up, we're going up there for Thanksgiving.

Glad to hear Zach got home safe! I love baby coos and laughter. They are the sweetest sounds.

Mama P said...

I just returned something to Best Buy recently and Im not a member of anything. I have no idea what they are talking about! Without the packaging or the reciept I dont know any store that would take something back/exchange it.

I do have a service plan on my camera and they will fix it for me for 2 years, no questions asked (meaning if I drop it in a puddle, they'll still fix it). Maybe that's what they mean..that you didnt have the extended service plan on it?

Hopefully the makers will send you the little part and that will be that. I have decided laptop cords are purposefully made to break so we keep buying them. We've been through 2 this year too.