Sunday, June 20, 2010

Girl's Night

Last night my friend, Sadie, and I went out. It's surprising considering we were so indecisive about what to do :) We finally decided to drive out to Jordan Creek in West Des Moines since neither of us have been there too often. We figure they'd have different eating venues and we could walk around the mall. We ate at Champps, which was pretty good (they had waffle fries-yummy). It was something I felt like I really needed, just some girl time. Sure, I just had my mom here and we did get to go out alone sometimes, but I just really craved my 'girl time'.

We walked around the mall, browsing through some stores. We'd hit stores like Gymboree, The Children's Place and Crazy 8 and look at all their deals, but then be like, "Boy, there's nothing our kids need right now." Plus, who can justify spending X amount of dollars on something when its garage sale season? We did go to Bath & Body Works and I just have to tell you how proud I am of myself! I spent only $3!!!! That's the least I've ever spent there! I'm so proud I didn't go overboard but only got little things, only one of which was 'needed'!

After we browsed the mall we got ice cream from Coldstone. Well, Sadie went healthy on me and got a smoothie! I got chocolate ice cream with Oreos AND hot fudge! I wanted chocolate! I couldn't even finish it though, it was so sweet. We had such a good time just enjoying our cold treats and talking. Sharing stories, sharing bits of our past, talking about kids, sharing laughs and a couple of tears. That's what friendships are all about. I'm so thankful for the friend's God has given me.

1 comment:

Our4Monkeys said...

I wasn't meaning to "get all healthy on you"--it just sounded good!! =) Don't worry, as I was reading this post, I was reminded of my ice cream that I had in the freezer so I'm eating some now...

I had SO much fun last night! I really needed that time out too! This morning as I got the kids clothes out for church, I remember my boys need more dress shirts. So, that means we need to go shopping again soon so I can get some! And, I could go for another one of those smoothies--YUM!!