Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Awana Awards

We had our Awana Awards Sunday night. I don't really have any pictures of Cuddly Boy because when he got his award Zach & I were up there too, as Cubbies leaders. He got the first year Cubbie Award- a Cubbie bear to put on your vest.

Little Man getting his 1st year book award


Princess getting her 3rd year book award (she went and stood right by her brother;))

I don't know why Princess is so serious looking;) These are their attendance awards- they only missed 2 club meetings! Cuddly Boy was too shy to go up!


But he didn't mind making a face at me while we were sitting!
They handed out Bibles to those who have accepted Jesus within the past couple of years. Princess' name is on the Bible and she was pretty excited about that! She's been carrying it around with her the past couple of days!


It is really weird to think that we're done with Awana. I had a few girls both this year and last year and you really grow close to them. They're moving up to Sparks and we're moving away but I will miss those little girls. At our last Cubbie meeting a few weeks ago I was thinking about them in years to come and wondering if they'd even remember Miss Jamie! I hope that their time in Cubbies helped them to learn more about the Lord and what He's done for them. It is always so rewarding working with children and teaching them about Jesus. One of the little girls gave me a card and it was so precious.

I think Princess is a bit sad that it is over. She mentioned about going when we're in Iowa but I'm not sure that will be the case! Since I teach them Bible in school I think I'm going to incorporate memorizing verses next year, rather than doing Awana verses. Also, the church we more than likely found does not have Awana (although I know we could always go to another for Awana). And I admit I like my Sunday nights to stay at home and enjoy a quiet family meal and family day;)

I am proud of how well my children did with memorizing this year! They really pushed themselves to finish their books and did a great job!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

DDanielle said...

I can see what you mean about wanting to stay at home on Sunday evenings. I am sure it is fun for them (and for you too) However weekend activities get exhausting for the parents after a while. My brother's family is always busy on the weekends and I don't know if I could get into all that since I am such a homebody.

paige said...

Awwww, we love awana too. This year was our first & i was so impressed with the whole program. i love the whole focus on "hiding God's word in our heart"...

Jodie said...

Aww good for you guys! Cute too!

Anonymous said...

my kids attend awana at a local church (not the one we belong to) and they meet on Wednesday nights. In fact, when I was doing a search for local Awana programs (because my ds went with a friend and loved it so I wanted to find a closer one) I would have to say most if not all of them met on Wednesday evenings. so you may still be able to do it and have sunday nights free.

Erika

Risa said...

Way to go guys! Great job!

Jozie and Luke used to love AWANA when they went too. Our club in IN had everything from the "store" where they spent their "shares" to the pine wood derby. But since we opted for Rangers and Missionettes this year we didn't go to AWANA.

You should look in Iowa, when we lived in MI we went on Monday nights and in IN it was on Wed. nights. Here there are 2 different churches that do it on Sun. and Wed. nights. I don't suppose it's restricted to just Sun. nights! :)