Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mama's Day!

I am so thankful for my wonderful Mother. Not only did she raise me in church, but she was a single mother who loved and gave to me unconditionally. I am eternally grateful for my mother. She stood up to give me life and the Lord used her to guide me to obtain eternal life! What more could I ask for? As we drove home from church I reminiscenced how my family would get together on Mother's Day and take my Grandma K. out to Freda Restaurant. It was such a special treat and almost a tradition. When I talked to my mom this afternoon I cried as I recalled this memory to her, missing her and my Grandma, my aunts and other family and this tradition that we had. When I hung up I cried like a baby missing my Mom (good ol' pregnancy hormones)! I'm just so thankful for her!

My mom, Grandma K. and I last October


I'm also thankful to the women in my life who have shown me what it is to be a Christian mother, as I strive to homeschool and bring my children up in the Lord. Some of you I've known for years, some I've never met in real life, but for you all I am thankful.
My Stepmom Pat & I
I hope you all have a blessed Mother's day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!
That is a beautiful Mother's Day blog!

Gina

Anonymous said...

Oh J. that is so sweet. You make me out to look so perfect but I wasn't as I did not have you in church when you were born. I am happy for what our lives are now and have to give thanks to God for that. My hope is your day was as blessed as mine was. We will someday be able to sit at the same table when we all meet again! Love you. Mom

Jodie said...

Aw that was sweet. I agree, you have a great mom. :)

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

LOL on mentioning Freda. That used to feel like the boonies. And now that I've lived in the city for so long, Houghton feels like the boonies. ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! You are someone who I can tell cherishes being a mother....your kids are lucky!