Monday, May 19, 2008

It Can't Be!

Wow, 3 weeks from Wednesday our movers come! I cannot believe it at all, only 3 weeks! It is exciting, yet scary! I feel like I have so much to do before then. Like have my garage sale, finish our school up, try to see some people one last time, see the doctor one last time, etc. To do that in 3 weeks (well actually I can see people after we're packed up)!?!? We still haven't made it to the beach...I really hope we will before we leave. Maybe Monday since Zach will be off? I have yet to find lodging up there, and we still don't have anything down here because TMO (military people who help you move) hasn't given us that information yet! Hopefully we won't be living out of our vehicles between the time we're packed up and the time we can leave Mississippi. It is really getting so close...I really hope our house will be done not too long after we get there so we're not forever living out of a suitcase! But even if we live in a hotel for awhile big deal- we'll be out of here. As much as there are some people I will miss, each day that passes I find myself more and more glad to be getting away from the people here. I really feel like I've been 'burned' by so called 'friends' and I just want to move on, if that makes sense. And now that I'm 'private' I no longer have to be afraid to 'offend' people!

5 comments:

Angie said...

So exciting for you!! I don't know if the schedules are the same but here they have Friday and Monday off for Memorial Day. So maybe you will too--then you can for sure get to the beach.

The countdown for your new life in Iowa begins!!

(Thanks for the kind words about my aunt. I leave tomorrow to go to Minneapolis....Nick & the kids are staying here so it will be a nice time for me to say my good-bye to her.)

jljdcraig4 said...

You are going to be so surprised at how fast the next 3 wks will fly by. We had 3wks left there after our vacation, and it seemed like I blinked and then it was time to come to Japan.

I'm sorry that you got burned by people there. I'm always especially shocked when it's other CHRISTians who do the 'burning'.

I pray that you have some wonderful friends waiting for you in Iowa, that there will be that sense of hospitality that you miss, and that your church family is the best one you've belonged to yet----in JESUS Wonderful Name----Amen

Becca said...

3 weeks?! Wow! That's incredible!

Hmmm, do you think you could remove the word verification now that you're private? ;)

Risa said...

Hey! Come stay with us till your house is ready! LOL We could put you and Zach and CB in Jozie's room and the rest of the kids could bunk in together in Luke's room in the bunk beds! They would love it! LOL What fun! :)

Beth said...

WOW~Only 3 more weeks?! I can't believe it...I wish it were my turn to be leaving this place!

I am so sorry that other CHRISTians have made it more unbearable for you here....but I do understand. It has been like that for us! We have been here almost 2 years and I have been ready to leave since we got the news of our assignment here.

HUGS, my friend!