Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I can't sit still

If you've moved you probably know what I mean. It's like you feel there's so much to do, yet you can't really be productive at this point, but you still can't sit still. I've really been trying to keep myself busy. Yesterday we went to Park Day (at McD's because of the heat). It was so nice to fellowship with the ladies and get out! I figure it's probably one of the last times I'll be able to go!

I was able to clean up a bunch of papers that were stacked on my desk for at least a week. It was a mess and now I can see the bottom of it! Then Zach had a church softball game so I decided we'd go to that too. Better than sitting around trying to think of what I can do! The house needs to be dusted but why bother? I think we'll be living rather nastily (as nasty as I can handle being) for these next two weeks!

I had our pre-inspection for our house yesterday and they seem pretty lenient. If you've lived in military housing you know how picky they can be. In the past we've hired cleaners but figured this time we can do it ourselves. Won't be bad at all...just as long as the kiddos stay out of our hair so we can actually work:0 Will be interesting to have them underfoot for everything! I need to try to think of ways to keep them occupied while we're getting packed up and all!

Little Man will be done with math today. Hopefully Princess will finish hers this week. She'll finish her spelling tomorrow. It will be nice to be done with school, but then I'll probably really be itching for things to do around here. But I figure there are people I'd like to see before I go so I can keep busy doing that!

The packers come in 2 weeks! How can it seem so close yet so far away!?!? I know it will be here before we know it. Today I'm hoping to finish going through papers we need to take with us and get them all packed up together. And also to get all the photos together to take.

3 comments:

Jodie said...

I would definitely have ants in my pants too. Maybe you guys should go tour a plantation or swamp before you go. ;)

Becca said...

I'd say have the kids "help" clean too but it may be more work than it's worth. =) Not much longer....

Risa said...

I vote for the plantation tour! Sounds like a boredom buster to me! :) My kids were invaluable when we moved! I don't know how we could have done it without them but since you are having movers - how nice is that?! Though I understand military movers are something to be desired...- and yours are littler than mine it probably wouldn't be as productive as it would first appear to have them help! LOL