Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday Little Man!!!

My Little Man is 6 today. How is it that 6 years have gone by? I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. Lying on the couch in the wee morning hours having contractions while Princess slept upstairs. Finally calling Zach at work to come home. Calling my best friend to come stay with Princess.


I arrived at the hospital and wouldn't you know it my doctor was out of town. Then the doctor I wanted to deliver was doing an emergency C-section on my friend...so I got the 'bad' doc. Zach nicknamed him "Dr. Fishpants" because of his name. He also refers to him as Jack the Ripper as he came in and mercilessly started cutting me up with blood splattering everywhere. He yanked Little Man out without much care and threw him onto me! I was so mad! This doctor was terrible! But, I was delighted to hold my new son- my first baby boy! Zach left the room with baby and I called to tell Princess she had a brother, exclaiming, "His name is "J"". Then I realized I forgot to confer with Zach as to if we were really naming him that, but he was in the other room telling the nurses the same thing!

Here's my newborn boy:1st Birthday:

2 years old! My 3 year old Little Man:A big 4 year old:

Hooray, he's 5!
A week before turning 6!


Little Man has grown so much over the years! Six things about my wonderful son are that he's diligent in his work (he will sit for hours building a puzzle), he has a tender heart and doesn't want to see anybody hurt, he isn't afraid to sing to Jesus, he listens attentively to the Bible and is able to answer questions I ask, he's great in math, and most importantly he loves the Lord!


Happy Birthday Little Man!!! We LOVE you!

7 comments:

Amie said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, J. Happy Birthday to you. We love you. Nanny and Pappa

Christine said...

Happy Birthday, to a precious boy!

Jodie said...

Aw I love seeing the pics over the years. Happy Birthday to J!

(Kind of a crappy birth story though.)

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday. My sons birthday is tomorrow. I didn't realize they were so close. My son will turn 7.

Risa said...

Happy Birthday J! From Jozie and Luke :)

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! I enjoyed spending some time w/them today; you really have neat children. I pray that he had a wonderful birthday, and that your "surprise" turned out well.

Love,
Lynn