Sunday, May 04, 2008

Why buy New?

That is what I'm asking myself the past few days. The other day I hit the clearance racks and got the kiddos some new summer clothes. Well yesterday morning it rained but the afternoon donned sunny so the kiddos went out to play kickball with dad- and got their new WHITE shirts muddy. I think I got the mud out though I'm not certain. Today the blasted silly putty once again stuck itself to clothes- this time some dress shorts of Cuddly Boy's! I was so mad! Can nothing stay new looking??? I love to hit the thrift store here but haven't in awhile (they usually don't have sizes I need anyway) and the clothes I bought were probably cheaper than I'd find there. Plus for some reason the way they put their tags on the clothes it leaves holes in them. Yes, its in the 'tag spot' in the back but still, who wants a little hole in their clothing???

Then I got all dressed up today in my new jean skirt and new shirt I bought last weekend. I managed to put my hair up in a clip and felt beautiful for once! I usually only wear makeup on Sundays now so I felt dolled up. I have to admit that my hormones got the best of me when I wasn't complimented by a certain someone on how beautiful I looked. No I didn't cry or lash out but I thought about allowing the tears to fall!

Ok, enough griping for today! Off to eat leftovers and head to our Awana ceremony!

4 comments:

DDanielle said...

I don't think I ever bought full price for kids clothes (well in my case baby/toddler lol). Well other than sweat pants since for a while that was the only thing that would fit..adn at $3 a pop who could beat it? However I agree at thrift stores you don't pay alt that much less. Same with mom to mom sales. At least with the boy clothes, its usually stained and you end up paying the same as you would if it were on clearance.

Risa said...

I feel the same way about the kids clothes! When you buy them new, they never stay looking new for long and when you get them at the thrift store, you always have those stupid holes from the tags! When we were in IN they used a double staple to hold them on the clothes - usually someplace around the neck and usually in front - so about the time you get something nice looking you bring it home and end up with 4 little holes in it from the tag and you don't want your kids to wear it our anyway! Geesh! I prefer to buy new on clearance clothes rather than thrift store used stuff...but I have a hard time passing if someone asks if I want to go thrifting! LOL

Anonymous said...

My girls are the worst with clothes. Buddy keeps his pretty clean but his sisters? Forget it! I almost didn't have hand me downs from S for G becuase they were all so trashed!

Oxy Clean is *great* for getting stains out of clothes. There's nothing like it!

Anonymous said...

I had the same gripe with the Thrift Store there. I thought I was the only one that things like that bothered:)

I also don't allow things like silly puddy, gum, markers etc. near my kids because I hate to see things ruined. They have their time and place but the world is a neater place with them locked up:)

Gina