Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I See It!

The end is in sight!!! I didn't think we'd ever see the end of our school year since I was so sick at the beginning of my pregnancy and we didn't do much school. Today Princess finished her English for the year! I do have lots of practice books so I'm sure I'll throw those in once in awhile! She will also finish her handwriting this week. All that will be left for her will be Spelling and Math (and History which we all do together).

Little Man is almost done with his Math. He has a bit more to go in his Phonics because I kept stopping with him at the beginning of the year because he couldn't quite get it. He is doing so well now! He's doing real well at learning his long vowel sounds! We should be done by the time we move in June which will be a huge relief!

Cuddly Boy is growing up. He has been writing letters and matching letters all on his own. Earlier he wrote an A and a V and then got the magnets off of the fridge to show me they matched! I also showed him how to write Nanny and he wrote it on a card for her, but then cut it up (I'll have to have him do another one Mom)! I can't believe how well he is learning all on his own. I guess it does help to have an older sister and brother to learn from too!

It is nice to see the end is near. I feel like I have so many things on my plate right now that it will be nice to be done with at least some school. Between dealing with the accident and insurance, moving, birthdays, getting updates on our house, doctor appointments and everything else I feel like my head is spinning! I can't wait to get to Iowa and settle in...well at least until our life is turned upside down by a newborn but I can't wait for that!!!

Where are you in your homeschool? Will you school through the summer? I thought I would but with moving there is no way. I will probably try to begin earlier than normal since the baby is due in Sept. and I'm sure we won't do it for awhile.

2 comments:

Amie said...

We're doing school through the summer. Not everyday but at least a few days a week.

Risa said...

Hooray for the last day of school! LOL We will probably be working through the summer as well - But not everyday. The kids didn't get their spelling done so I'd like to devote some time to memorizing those pesky addition and sub. and mult. and division...ugh! I hated those in school but found it quite a handicap throughout the rest of my education because I didn't memorize them. I don't want my kids to suffer like I did.

So it's summer school for us!