Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend Highlights

It was a busy weekend in our household! Saturday I was up bright and early to set things outside. I certainly didn't get as much traffic as I'd get in our old house, but I still made a decent amount of money. I'm going to need to have it again this coming weekend too as I still have a lot of things left- and not everything is something I just want to donate to the thrift store. My neighbors are having one too, so at least this time I won't be out alone;) Although Princess was up bright and early to keep me company and I did have a couple of friends stop by to say hi! To me there is something about having a garage sale and needing doughnuts. I never did get them, but once I'd relaxed and cleaned up we headed out and got some. That seemed to be our dinner! Real healthy, I know. Then we went by the cemetery but only got to stay for a few minutes. For some odd reason there was a sign that said "Caution, Headstone Reconstruction" and there was DIRT by all the graves in that area...no more grass. I have no idea what that was all about but we were a bit disturbed that it was that way on Memorial Day weekend. Being a National Cemetery, there was a flag at every grave and all throughout the cemetery. It was beautiful (besides the dirt part).


Sunday we decided to skip church and do it at home. I was so tired from being up early the day before (and going to bed late). We all had a great time praising God together and learning of Achan's sin. Later in the day we went next door to a barbecue they were having. We only stayed for awhile because Jodie & Brian came to visit! It was great to see them and we wish they could have stayed longer! Plus right before they got here they found out there was a tornado warning at their house where their children were staying with Grandma!!! SCARY!!! So glad everyone and everything (at least at their house) was ok!!


You all know I've been dying to go to the beach before we left. Today, despite it being cloudy and looking like it could rain, we headed to the beach. Once we got there it wasn't as overcast and it was actually nice. The water wasn't too warm yet, but it wasn't cold either. The beach was packed but we still had a great time.

I kept wondering why we didn't do beach trips more often until we got home and had to deal with the sand- all over the car, the kids, us, etc. Then I was thankful we didn't do that more often;) I don't know if it was the car ride, walking in the sand, sitting on the beach, or holding 'it' for so long but I have had crazy pain and pressure since! I was in tears as I vacuumed out the car a bit (just to get it out of the kid's seats). I feel like I can barely walk and get up from a sitting position!!! Crazy since I've never had this before!

On the drive home Little Man entertained us with a story of when he gets married. Apparently he's going to get a piece of cake and rip a piece of toilet paper in half and eat them? For his wife? Romantic?



We had a busy but fun weekend. Now we need to finish up math and spelling so we can be done with school this week. Although I realize Princess will need to continue to practice at math, she just does NOT remember simple addition and subtraction at times! It will be another busy week as we try to make it to Park Day, have a housing inspection, try to 'interview' doctor's offices over the phone, try to prepare what I can for the move, etc.

7 comments:

Jodie said...

Know what! I'm super mad that I didn't get a picture of us before I left. I brought my camera along and then with all of the drama it just never happened. :( When you move we'll have to get more. It was super good to see you and your family. Your kids and their getups sure are funny. Thanks for having us over! And for letting us use your internet!

The beach looked like FUN!!!! Wish we could have fit that in on our trip!

Amie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. We just got back from the U.P.

Anonymous said...

I miss the beach - but not the sand! Glad you had a fun weekend!
Don't forget to take care of yourself and JUST REST! Your body is busy even when you are not:)
So no more triple work days!
Take Care,
Gina

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great weekend, I'm glad that your yard sale was a success...........I can understand why you might be in a bit of pain, your body is probably REALLY tired............I pray that you can have a somewhat restful week.
Be blessed,
Lynn

Christine said...

That looks like a ton of fun! Did you use Math u See, this year? I was wondering if it worked well for your children.I am still debating about what I should use with Lily , this fall.Blessings!

Beth said...

It sounds like you had a really busy weekend. I hope you are able to have a quiet restful week!

Risa said...

I hope you get rid of you stuff next weekend!

We went to the beach last weekend too - except ours isn't so sandy - which I am almost glad for because we don't have to deal with such a big mess! :)