Monday, May 05, 2008

Would YOU eat that?

Last night we went to a true 'southerner's' house (haha, I'm teasing her though I don't think she reads this)! While there they had some crawfish in the sink and I asked her about how you eat those things (they always remind me of roaches)! It was so funny to see the talent she had in taking them apart (it seriously has got to be a talent), sucking the juice out of the head and getting the meat out of the tail to eat. Gross, I know! Zach actually tried some and said they were real good but that they stunk. Oh and Little Man tried one too and said he liked it! I wasn't brave enough. You can tell you're NOT from the south when you don't eat seafood and won't attempt to try it;) I must admit I think people are brave to eat such food...but of course when you grow up eating it you think nothing of it! I'm not too brave when it comes to certain types of food! I don't even like to eat venison! Pass me the chicken and cow please;)

7 comments:

Risa said...

I can't say that I would try the juice from the head but I would probably try the meat from the tail...but I like seafood and I'm almost always willing to try something new!

Jodie said...

Oh yuck man! That sounds seriously gross! Don't be putting that on the menu when I come down to visit. ;) Actually, the wedding/reception we're going to is going a featuring a crawfish boil. I had no idea what that was - now I'm seriously disturbed.

Anonymous said...

Ewwww...I'm so not into seafood...when we were in Gulf Shores, Pete had to get seafood everywhere we ate (except Waffle House of course) and I had to try and find something else...I almost wish I could eat the stuff....it'd provide some healthy variety in this house for meals.

Angie said...

Ah! Nick will be so jealous!! He loves crawfish. Me, no thanks! We did host a crawfish boil for our family up here last August though--we had it shipped from Louisana. Most of them loved it.

DDanielle said...

I love seafood (and venison lol)...however I don't really like to eat the crawfish from the shell, however I do like the meat when someone else has gotten it out for me....as for getting the juice out of the head I didn't quite get it.

Unknown said...

No seafood for me either thanks...

Anonymous said...

The stink is part of the charm:)
I am still waiting to try bear and moose since we have moved here and I will probably be the only one in my family to do so...
Gina