Friday, May 30, 2008

A Prophet Lives Here

Last night as I was going through photos, papers and all that good stuff to pack up I came across the box of letters from courting days. Three to four months after we were engaged Zach headed off to boot camp. We wrote letters like crazy! It was so funny to read some of them! Boy, were we 'mushy' back then;) One thing that Zach wrote (it has to be the smallest writing I've ever read) was the 'Book of Paavolians' (based on the book of Ruth from the Bible), but placing me in Ruth's place! I didn't even attempt to read it as it was such tiny reading. But one thing he read to me was that we begat some children. One of whom was Malachi. Another was Princess and another the name we have for this baby. I guess he's a prophet. Or maybe we've just liked those names all along;)

4 comments:

Choppzs said...

I love to go back and read the letters that Hubs and I wrote when he was in bootcamp. His were pretty short and to the point, but they did get mushy! lol

Courting? Holy crap, I thought that word went out a long time ago! lol

Risa said...

I love to come across those old cards and letters also - even though we lived across the street he traveled a lot for work.

Me said...

Too funny! I love reading that stuff.

How's the private blog working for you? I'm thinking of doing it myself and was wondering if you liked it.

Jodie said...

Ooo now I want to go and read Ruth to see what name you might have picked out for #4.