Sunday, March 22, 2009

A recipe to share

I just shared this on facebook and figured I'd blog it for those of you who aren't on there. This has become a family favorite over here. EVERYBODY love it. And it is so easy so I don't mind making it!

*Taken from Southern Living Busy Moms Weeknight Favorites Cookbook
Sloppy Joe Squares
1 lb ground beef
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 c. water
1 (1.5 oz) pkg sloppy joe mix
1 tsp. dried onion flakes

2 (8 oz) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. sesame seeds (optional)

Preheat oven to 425*. Brown beef & drain. Return to skillet & add next 3 ingredients. Bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls into lightly greased 13x9 in baking dish. Press seams together to seal. Spread beef mixture over dough; sprinkle with cheese. Unroll remaining can of rolls over cheese, pinching seams together. Brush dough with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.

Note: This recipe is easily doubled. My family loves it and devours it so I've doubled it. I've never tried it with the sesame seeds only because I never have them on hand.

2 comments:

Kim said...

MMMM!!! That sounds different and good. Might just have to try it.

I am OK said...

That sounds really really good.