Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Birthday to a Special Girl

Today is Chatterbox's 9th birthday. I cannot believe my 'baby' is 9! Isn't it funny how we can remember the day of their birth so clearly? Like it was yesterday. And how have 9 years gone by? I am so blessed to have her as my daughter. She's got a huge heart for others, for serving & helping and for God. I cannot imagine the past 9 years without her. What a delight she has been!

She began her day with a 'Scavenger hunt'. I just wrote out little clues on note cards that she had to find throughout the house and it led her to her card. She had fun with that. She got to open her big present from my mom- the American Girl bathtub. She's been wanting that for forever it seems and it will be nice to not hear her ask for it anymore! Haha! She is SO excited and thankful for it! I also let her open another gift from my mom- pj's for her AG doll. I made her French Toast for breakfast per her request. We will make a library trip today and have a friend over to play. No school here today! As Chatterbox said, "It's a holiday!" Last night she called it her 'birthday eve'!

Happy birthday dear Chatterbox! I love you so very much and am so thankful for you. I pray you have a blessed day and that this year brings you many blessings and that you'll continue to grow closer to God.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday sweet CB! AWWW sounds like she is having a nice b-day and got what she wanted. Oh how cute she said it's a holiday.

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday my dear grand-daughter. You will always be special to me. Enjoy the remainder of your day. Have fun bathing your doll. I bet she stunk pretty bad since she had to wait so long to get one! lol Papa and I love you H. Nanny

I am OK said...

I remember that day very well LOl - also I remember you and your husband actaully fighting over who got to change her diaper in the hospital, boy did that argument die fast LOL - not always such a treat.

Happy Birthday Chatterbox!

aunty gloria said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH JOY!!!!
I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU TODAY AT WORK AND I JUST WANTED TO SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL DAY....
WISH WE COULD BE CLOSER TO SHARE IN YOUR SPECIAL DAY....
WE LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL
LOVE,
AUNTY GLORIA AND UNCLE ERNIE

Choppzs said...

Happy Birthday CB!! It's amazing to think that much time has gone by! I do that with Girly all the time!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
They grown up to fast!
God Bless you this coming year!
Gina

Amie said...

Sounds like it was a very special day. Happy Birthday!