Tuesday, April 28, 2009

i think the heats gettin' to him...

Sooo, Zach's been in Florida for not quite 2 weeks yet. He loves it down there! He said the weather is good (I say wait until you're in Mississippi again in July). He says the base housing is new and really nice. He likes the base. He says he misses the south!!! I reminded him of roaches, hurricanes and humid summers! Sure, there are things I miss about it too but not enough to consider moving back! Then, get this...apparently he emailed his old supervisor from Keesler. The guy is a civilian and has been there for forever it seems. Anyway, Mr. C told him that anytime Zach wants to go back there's an instructor job open for him. You know what Zach says to me???? He mentions about going there after his time in the military to be a civilian instructor! Are you NUTS!?!?!?!?!? I ain' wanna go back do dat place in Mississippi, no way no how! Like I said I really miss things about it now that I'm not there, BUT that doesn't mean I want to go back!!! He is crazy!!! The grass is always greener on the other side...

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Yea, you will have to remember when you may need to leave due to the weather, you have 4 kids to travel with, possibly yourself and it takes money to that as well. Yes, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Kim said...

Yeah the heat must be getting to him..lol. I don't know I've never been to the south but with all that stuff you mentioned, it doesn't sound like I would want to live there. Yeah warm weather is nice, but 4 seasons is better IMO. Maybe convince him to just take Vacations there...lol

I am OK said...

He must have heat stroke.

Angie said...

Hey!!! If you "retire" in MS, we will be there too!!!
Now that has to brighten the idea a bit??