I've been reading again. Experiencing God. Some good stuff to chew on that I really wanted to share. Chapter 4 is titled Doing God's Will and these notes come from it:
- You don't have the ability to do what the Lord commands except to be where He wants you to be.
- You relate to God, respond to Him and adjust your life so that He can do what He wants through you.
- Anybody who takes the time to enter into an intimate and close relationship with God can see God do extraordinary things through his/her life- God uses ordinary men (like Elijah, Peter and John).
- When you believe nothing significant can happen through you, you have said more about your belief in God than you have said about yourself (ouch, this one hit home). You have said that God isn't capable of doing anything significant through you. The truth is, He's able to do whatever He pleases with an ordinary person who is fully consecrated to Him.
1 Corinthians 1: 27, 28 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—
He chooses ordinary men- then everybody will know that only God could have done that work!
- If you feel weak, limited, ordinary, you are the best material through which God can work.
And I leave you with a verse I read in Ephesians the other day that encouraged me:
Ephesians 2:22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.