That's what it felt like this morning! Sweet Pea was wide awake after 6 am! She was chatting away and woke up the rest of us. So I lay there thinking about garage saling. I thought, "Gee, its early enough, we may as well just get out of bed, grab something to eat, throw on some clothes and go." Now, the last time I've been out saling (how do you spell sale-ing?) I didn't have a baby. I was in Mississippi where I knew my way around. I went alone. This was a whole new experience! But it was ok!
The kids were excited. They grabbed money from their banks, I gave them each $1 and off we went. I'd written some down that I found in the newspaper and then by driving to them I'd see signs for others. There's no telling how any we hit. We came home with a few treasures:
- Sweet Pea got two new outfits, a pair of PJs and a shirt.
- Booty Shaker got a Bionicle, watch and tank for his GI Joes
- Junior Squirrel got a Bionicle, airplane and 4 wheeler for GI Joes
- Chatterbox got a new Barbie with some clothes, a cute Barbie dress and a bracelet, in addition to her dress for her American Girl that she got last night (for only $10)
- I got a new cookbook (a huge, nice hardcover one that looks brand new) and a new purse
- And I got both boys a Batmobile thing (a huge Batman car-type thing)
Last night I took Chatterbox and went to a homeschool 'sale'. I didn't find any books but that's where CB got her dress for her doll. While she and i went i had S baby-sit the other kids.
This afternoon we were supposed to go to a birthday party for S's nephew but she called like 40 minutes before it was supposed to begin to say that it was cancelled. Apparently nobody could show up (but we would've been there). The kiddos were bummed but it gave me an opportunity to get some things done around here and Sweet Pea got her nap in. Now I'm wondering how we're going to spend the rest of our day. I know one thing- it will be an early bedtime in the M house!
Zach will actually make it to Florida today! Think he's down in hickville Alabama or something.