Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Brrrrrr

I can't remember the last time we've seen temps in the 60s (at least during the day). That is what it is today. I am going to FREEZE come winter! It is kinda nice and I'd open windows a bit if I didn't have a wee baby to be concerned about! The kiddos are outside playing in it. I told them they needed light coats on (to me its chilly) but Zach said its warm enough. I'm sure with the running around they're doing that they're not cold but I sure would be! I hope its not too chilly when my mom is here so we can enjoy doing some outdoor things.

Last night one of our neighbors came over bearing baby gifts. It was so sweet of them. I feel like they're the 'welcoming committee' of the neighborhood! They just seem so friendly. You always see Ken out talking to somebody. It's just sweet when you barely know somebody and they do something so kind. We're very blessed by the people around us here- our church family, Zach's co-workers and neighbors. Good ol' Midwestern hospitality;)

After thinking on it some I think I remember those night sweats after having some of the other babies. I looked online and its normal. Your bodies way of releasing all of the fluids it accumulated during pregnancy. I stepped on our scale this morning (not sure how accurate it is but its pretty accurate) and I was down to my pre-pregnancy weight!!! Now only about 10 more pounds to lose to be at my 'normal' weight since I hadn't lost weight after losing the two babies. It is weird not to have a belly anymore. I kinda miss it, although I am very thankful for our Sweet Pea. She is a delight!

My poor step-mother is losing her best friend. She's dealt with so many losses through the years...her mother, her mother-in-law (my grandma), other family members. And she's dealt with so many other things. Now her best friend is dying and only has a few days left. Pat (my stepmom) and Judi have been friends since like elementary school. Judi has stood by Pat's side through it all. Please pray for Judi and for Pat as she deals with another loss of another so close to her. I couldn't imagine losing my best friend....or any friend for that matter.

5 comments:

momanna98 said...

Oh yeah. In my last comment I meant to tell you that I always had the night sweats after babies. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.
I dropped all my baby weight in a week or so, too. Very strange. I think it was all water weight. My doc asked if I was ok and told me to make sure I was eating. ;-) I've never heard that before!! hehe!

Risa said...

I STILL haven't lost all my baby weight! And it's been 8 years! LOL I lost it rather quickly after Jozie and more but then Luke came along...I guess it's harder to exercise with 2 little ones in tow!

Risa said...

You've just got to get out your UP genes and remember what it's like to live in cool weather! I can't believe that fall is here but for some reason I sigh because fall has always been my favorite season. I think because it's ideal temps and it's a reprieve after summers heat!

Beth said...

We just spent 2 weeks in cooler weather in Alaska & Seattle, it was glorious! We all love the cooler weather and 60* was wonderfully pleasant...but then we had to return to MS!

I do remember the night sweats after having a baby. I was especially miserable after baby #1, she was born in June in Las Vegas.

I will be praying for Pat & Judi, I can't imagine what they are each going through.

Kim said...

I don't remember having any night sweats, but then again maybe I did and just didn't realize it was from just having a baby. Good for you to lose all the weight and so fast. It always takes me nine months. I guess that's how long it took me to gain it too, though. So sorry to hear about your step mother's dear friend. They both will be in my prayers.