Wednesday, September 24, 2008

So, you wanna know...

This is where I went tonight:

We were pretty low on groceries and it sure felt good to get some in the house finally!!! What? You don't think that's exciting and worth tearing up over???? Are you sure??? I certainly didn't go to a circus and that wouldn't cause me to cry. So, WHERE did I go?


I went to a church. In Des Moines. It was a church I'd never gone to before. But, the African Children's Choir was in town and I went to see them!!!! I was hoping we'd all go as a family, but just us girls went- Chatterbox, Sweet Pea and I. It was awesome, awesome, awesome! There were so many times that tears were rolling down my cheeks just seeing these beautiful children dance. You looked at their faces and all you could see was their huge smiles and the white of their teeth! They were adorable! I wanted to grab them, hug and hold them and take them home! To think of the poverty they've come from. Most of their parents are dead. To think of where they've come to- to knowing Jesus, to faith, hope and love. To furthering their future and the future of their country, their Africa homeland. It was one of the most amazing things I have seen (did I mention it was free- bonus). They even introduce themselves and say what they want to be when they grow up- builder, teacher, doctor, pilot, engineer, social worker. Not here, but in their country to help their people.


Ok, to see these children dance around...wow. I told Chatterbox on the way home that God sure gave black people the ability to dance because us white folk could never bust a move like that (please no flames I'm NOT trying to be stereotypical in a negative way). To hear them sing in person...songs I listen to from their CD. It was truly amazing. Such beautiful voices. Awesome accents. Can you tell I was blessed??? Chatterbox was even impressed with it! I'm SO glad I happened to look at their schedule 2 days before to see that they were going to be in our area. Totally a GOD thing if you ask me!


Here are a few pictures we took. Chatterbox took most of them...she did a pretty good job too!

***And for the record...I still want to adopt from Africa...hopefully someday!

2 comments:

Amie said...

Sounds like a special night.

Beth said...

Sounds like a great night. We were able to see the ACC when we lived in Alaska. One of our friends traveled with them for 18 months doing tech work...she LOVED it!