Monday, September 15, 2008

In Love

There's nothing in life like enjoying a newborn. I have really been enjoying every moment with Sweet Pea. I know how fast the time flies...my 'baby' is already 8! While I do have three other children to care for I really want to enjoy moments with SP. It is hard to believe she's three weeks old today. In some ways it seems longer, in others it feels like just yesterday I got to see her beautiful face for the first time. I sometimes miss our first moments together in the hospital...the times when it was just us, when I could really marvel at the gift God gave me. I have loved watching her learn how to do things. Simple things like latching on. We've learned together the art of breastfeeding, after all it had been about 3 years since I had a nurser! I love how she just cuddles right up to me as she nurses. Even at night as she sleeps in bed with me somehow she manages to maneuver herself right next to me. It is just precious. I love seeing the many faces she makes and hearing her grunts. Last night she must have been dreaming and was making the cutest little noises in her sleep. I love her little fingers gripping one of mine, love watching her try to see the world around her. I even enjoy her cries, which aren't many and I don't mind changing her diapers. The time with her will be fleeting...time just seems to cruise right by, but I plan to enjoy every moment with her. Thank you Lord for this precious gift You created! Help me Lord not to become preoccupied, but to enjoy my Sweet Pea.

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a true blessing from God! Enjoy every moment of her. My baby is gonna be 2. I miss those newborn moments.

Kim said...

What a true blessing from God! Enjoy every moment of her. My baby is gonna be 2. I miss those newborn moments.

DDanielle said...

So sweet and so true. Daniel makes us laugh now like crazy, but I LOVE to cuddle with Manu. I feel kind of bad because I spend so much time with him and put Daniel off, but the cuddly time is so short.