Friday, September 12, 2008

getting back to a new 'normal'

Next week I'm hoping we'll be able to get back into a normal, a new one. Our entire 2008 has been turned upside down. In the beginning I was so sick with morning sickness that I was on the couch and we didn't accomplish much school. Then we crammed to get it done before our move. We moved, living in a hotel for 3 weeks. Once we were settled into our home I thought we'd be able to get to 'normal' but then I was diagnosed with kidney stones. Once again I was on the couch, with Chatterbox caring for her brothers and I. Now I have a new baby...Zach was off of work, my parents are visiting and I'm enjoying the baby.

So this coming week the parents will be gone, Zach will be at work and it will be me with the four kiddos (no I'm not at all nervous). We need to begin our school year even though it seems there are many doctor appointments ahead of us. I am really looking forward to getting back to a schedule. You can tell by the behavior of the kids that we haven't had one for a long time. I think they're itching for normal and a schedule as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel.
When we were displaced by Katrina and then had to move in the middle of last schoolyear - I was the one longing for our normal schedule.
I like my schedule:)
Glad all is well,
Happy "normal"
Gina

DDanielle said...

yeah we lived with my in-laws for a month. I can relate, although we went back to "normal" soon after we moved in, and only have a 2 year old and a baby so I had it easier lol!