Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gifts

Remember I'd mentioned I got a necklace from Zach for my birthday? I didn't give any details about it...probably because I didn't want to hurt his feelings! I thought it was so ugly! It was silver and long and not at all my style. He wasn't too disappointed I didn't like it, though he couldn't see what was wrong with it. He told me I could bring it back (it came from Walmart not some exquisite jewelry store). Finally I remembered to do so this past weekend. Well, it turns out he bought me a MEN's necklace!!!!! No wonder I didn't like it!!! I'm not a big jewelry wearer anyway...but a men's necklace!?!? I just cracked up when I found out and thought, "What a great thing to blog about". Only I forgot to blog about it until now;)

9 comments:

Babyface74 said...

I've been there. Steve bought me a set for valentines day. It was a ruby necklace and earrings. I just didn't like it and he could tell. I was happy he tried and I told him so. He wasn't to hurt when I explained and we went to exchange it for a locket. He got money back so it wasn't to bad of a deal.

Glad you where able to exchange it and had no hard feelings. Husbands are great for being so flexible with stuff like that.

Angie said...

HAHAHA!! That is too dang funny!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that comments were important, but I can usually think of something to say. I'm this great grandmother from Texas. I had the unfortunate experience of taking my 46 year old daughter to the surgeon today to be told that she most likely has breast cancer. Her surgery will be on Oct. 2nd. I had it back in 2002 but am clear of it at this time. Our main worry for her is that she has no insurance, but the Alliance for Women is paying so far. There are so many jobs that do not provide insurance and they don't make enough money to buy it privately.

I'm bringing my two little grandsons over for the day tomorrow. They are being home schooled also, thus Maw Maw can have them any day. Though I usually try to do something educational with them when they are here. They are 9 and 10 1/2.

We are having beautiful weather here in West Texas.

Abigail is so cute and she seems to be a good baby. With four in tow, you need her to be easy.

Kim said...

HA HA HA! Leave it to men to shop!

Babyface74 said...

I knew Heather was a cousin But which Beth? You have 3 on your list. I will contact them. Heather is Patti's daughter. right?

Jodie said...

OH MY GOSH! He is so fired! That is horrible! But so funny too!

Babyface74 said...

I have to tell you, Steve was reading over my shoulder last night with this post and he walked away saying, "I hope you always tell me if you don't like something I buy you. I would rather exchange it instead of you wearing something that you don't like just to please me. I buy it to make you happy." I am sure Zach has the same thought process. I just had to share that.

Amie said...

A men's necklace...LOL. That is such a man thing to do.

Anna said...

LOL!!! That's way too funny:)