Monday, September 29, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

The other night Sweet Pea and I ran out to Wally World to get a few needed items. The cashier was an older woman and commented on how cute SP was. She asked if she was my first and I informed her I had three others at home. She couldn't believe it and asked how old I was...to which I told her. She thought I was about 20! Thanks lady, but I don't think I look that young!


Have you seen the Smart cars? Yesterday on our way home from church there was a parade of about 8 of them on the interstate. I had never heard of them. They are ugly!!! They look so small that I wouldn't think them too safe, but then again I don't claim to be all knowledgeable about that type of thing! Here is what they look like:

A friend from church had her baby yesterday!!! She had a girl and I am so excited for them! Now SP will have a little friend;) Congrats Sandra!

Speaking of friends from church, today we were blessed with yet another meal! Isn't God just good? It's been 5 weeks since I've had the baby and I feel I'm doing rather well. I feel great considering how I felt before I had her! But, it is one less thing to come off my busy plate and its truly a blessing, so thanks Danielle!

In May Chatterbox and I will be going to see the play Little House on the Prairie! I'm so excited! The tickets were super cheap I couldn't pass it up (during the day when schools go I'm assuming). She has read most of the books so this will be a treat for her.

Speaking of treats for her I rented two American Girl movies for her the other day. She reads like crazy and is almost done with the AG books. Yesterday after church while the boys watched football she and I watched the Samantha movie. I have to admit that a few times I was a bit teary...I just love girly movies;)

Our insurance is rather annoying. Because we're not by a military installation sometimes it seems like such a pain to make any type of appointment. In order to see an eye doctor I need to get a referral from my family practice doctor!?!? Of which I have none....so next week I go to meet my new doctor yet I don't really have a reason to see one...though I did mention the heart murmur that was found when I was getting my kidney stones removed. Crazy insurance companies!

Oooohhh our internet STILL isn't fixed. We've been using a neighbors wireless connection. Zach saw him yesterday and they were chatting. Well the guy knows about our cable cord being cut and was asking Zach about it...turns out he knows we're using their connection!!! I'm a bit embarrassed but Zach said he was cool about it and didn't mind. Thanks Ken & Gina! Tomorrow is the day they come to fix it...and that neighbor better not cut the cord again!!!

Off to read my latest book...I think I'm to about 30 books so far this year (you can check my reading list for more info). I am addicted to Jodi Piccoult books!!! Speaking of books, there's a movie out based on one of Nicholas Sparks' books that I really want to see.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Thos cars are super small. How does anyone fit in there. Definitely not for a family. I totally understand about not being close to a militray installation and about the insurance. When Jess was deployed to Iraq and the kids and I went back home for 7 months. I had to switch my insurance over to that area. It was such a pain in the butt, trying to find DR's that accepted tricare and all that.

Jodie said...

LOL that's funny that the neighbors knew you were using their connection! How on earth do you find time to read????

Jamie said...

I read when the kids go to bed and often when the baby nurses... It's terrible at night because I get so sucked into a book that I stay up too late!

Shari said...

I can't wait to see Nights in Rodanthe. Wanna go together? I sure wish we could. I was supposed to go with Margaret tonight, but she never called. Oh well.

Amie said...

Traverse City has a bunch of those Smart Cars that you can rent for a day. They look kind of silly to me, but I also don't know much about them.

My sister has been reading all of Jodi Piccoult's books too.

Beth said...

Those Smart Cars are the ugliest things! We have seen a few of them down here, seems like they would blow away in a wind gust though!