Monday, September 08, 2008

It all paid off!!!

So, for the last four days I've nursed on demand, pumped some and SP had a bottle only like twice. She went in for her two week check-up today and weighed in right at her birth weight- 6 lbs. 3 oz!!!! Go baby!!! She's also now 18 3/4 inches long compared to her 17 1/2 at birth!!! I'm so thankful that I followed my intuition and just nursed her as needed rather than giving her formula! God's way is always the best...and in this case its breastfeeding!

5 comments:

Angie said...

See!! It wasn't that she wasn't gaining weight---she was growing in height! Those docs are silly and don't ever remember that part.

Glad to hear she is doing good!

Babyface74 said...

Way to go girls!! The reason she couldn't gain was the growth spurt. WOW!! Breast milk is best.

Beth said...

Congratulations, Momma & Baby!

Risa said...

I'm glad she's doing good! :)

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!
Gina