Thursday, September 25, 2008

my brain in bullets...

  • My stomach has been hurting lately. Maybe I've been overdoing it? (I cleaned the suburban and downstairs of the house in one day). They tell me not to vacuum but nobody else does as good a job as I do and dirty floors are my pet peeve! Or maybe its from wearing a certain pair of jeans? Or could it be carrying the baby in the Ergo? Then sometimes I get a sharp pain on the right side (where my incision looks weird). I can't wait to go to the doctor and see what's going on.
  • Sweet Pea will get surgery on the 8th of Oct. She has a little skin tag by her ear and they're going to remove it. I really hope they'll let me back there with her, but I doubt it. Thankfully it will only take like 15 minutes.
  • She sleeps so well at night, usually only wakes up twice to eat. Sometimes though early, early in the morning she is grunting and having a hard time pooping. Poor girl.
  • You want to know something I think is 'weird'? Most of the people around here are actually from here! Being a military family, we're usually amongst people who are just 'passing through'. So its kind of weird to meet people who are actually from Iowa!
  • I can't stand those months where its like 3 weeks between pay periods. It really puts a crunch on things right before payday!
  • My neck still hurts. Normally during the day its not bad, but at night its horrible. Should I do a chiropractor do you think?
  • Did I tell you that there are two homeschooled teenage girls that live a street over? Can you say it with me- babysitters!!!! I hope to meet them soon!
  • Speaking of homeschooling lately I've been asking myself why I do it. I guess the kiddos seem to be having a hard time staying on task and it drives me nuts. I know why I do it, but when you're in the midst of some harder times I question it. I couldn't send them to public school though as its my conviction to teach them at home.
  • It's been about 80* lately. I really enjoy it. I wonder why it was so cool when my parents were here? We couldn't do as much. Oh well...I think its supposed to get back in the 60s and 70s soon. Then I will be able to open windows!
  • Our neighbor cut our cable to our cable yesterday while working in his yard. Oops. Thankfully they're quick on fixing it!

4 comments:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

I was wrong, sniff sniff. My Google reader cannot tell me when you post new things either. So here I have been waiting for you to write something, anything, just to test it, and you have been all along!!

Oh well, back to the old fashioned, point and click, LOL!

Jodie said...

Babysitters. :) That would be great. You need more breaks than you get!

Kim said...

Responses to your brain bullets:
1. you should take it easy, I know it's hard to sit still when there is house work though.
2.That's sad she has to have surgery. I will pray for her.
3.thats's good she's a good sleeper. Jalynn was one too. It's nice when you can get several straight hours of sleep.
4.Pooping- poor girl. is it something you might be eating? just a thought, I never breast fed so I'm not sure what you should eat
5.That's nice everyone is from that area, maybe they can show you some new things to do.
6.I'm so with you on the long stretch to payday. We are out of everything. The kids keep asking for certain stuff to eat and I keep saying you got to wait till payday.
7.You should check into going to a chiropractor. After just being pregnant, you don't know how messed up your back can be. it may be just as simple as a vertebrate out of place that is causing you all the grief with your neck.
8.that would be great if you got a babysitter.
9.God Bless you for homeschooling.
10.the weather has been beautiful here too. today is suppose to be around 80 too. Enjoy, winter will be here soon enough
11.Yikes, that's good they got your cable fixed in hurry

Erika said...

I always feel a little homesick when I'm with people who are natives to this area and have all their family nearby. What I wouldn't give to have free babysitters and to see my parents more than a couple times a year and to have someone to celebrate holidays with when my husband has to work (because airports never close)....

I'm getting used to it though and my in-laws are planning to move to our area next year, so it should get better.

Erika