Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Sweet Pea

Well, Sweet Pea only grew 2 ounces since we left the hospital (5 days ago). It is hard to believe she's 8 days old! Yesterday I'd told the kiddos it was her birthday (a week) and Booty Shaker asked when she was going to get her presents! Sometimes all she wants to do is sleep, sleep, sleep! I will strip her down and she still won't wake up! She sleeps pretty well at night. Most of the time she's in her cradle next to our bed, but sometimes I end up falling back to sleep with her. Last night she was in her cradle the majority of the night and she did great- either she or I would wake up every 3 hours (once it was 2 hrs.) and she'd eat. I think I've been dealing with drug withdrawals or something. I usually took Percocet at night (more so than in the day) and the past two nights I wake up with chills or sweating. I don't think I'm sick or anything like that and during the day I don't feel as bad. I have been taking advantage of Zach being home and I've been napping at least twice a day. It sure feels good to get that sleep in that is disrupted at night. Of course this little girl is worth some sleepless nights! I'll try to post more pictures soon.

Mornings are so special. The kiddos all crawl into bed and we'll just admire the baby as she lays there or nurses. It is so sweet having that time together. So far everybody has adjusted real well.

Oh, and Booty Shaker has slept in his bed for 2-3 nights in a row!!! I am so proud of him! Keep it up my boy! It's funny...he always seemed like my tiny boy until Sweet Pea came along. Now he seems like a giant!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are such precious times!
My kids still do it and I love it!
I am glad your Hubbie is home to give you some rest! Enjoy!
Gina

AmazingGraceTX said...

Might not be drug withdrawals. The sweating and chills may be your hormones fluctuating or a reaction to having major surgery. I remember having the same stuff happening after my c section with Josh.

Elizabeth said...

Jaime,
She is beautiful! Congratulations! She reminds me of your youngest son. Hope all is going well as you adjust to being a family of 6.
Elizabeth

momanna98 said...

Glad things are going well for you! You sound so happy! My baby girl slept through being changed, too. It was so strange!
Don't worry about sending out the math book. I think I am going to break down and buy the saxon math. I am so frustrated with the math we are doing and I really miss the way saxon does things. But, I haven't quite made up my mind... Decisions, decisions... :-)
Your oldest daughter is so sweet and thoughtful! I hope my girls grow up like that.

DDanielle said...

That's funny about Booty Shaker....I felt the same way about Daniel. I asked my in-laws what they did because I left him with them and he was a baby, then I had Matthew, and they brought us this little boy....not the baby I left them with! Hey I have reason to be suspicious, my dog gains a belly whenever she stays there;-)
I am so happy for you!

Choppzs said...

Good for Booty Shaker, it's always nice to have your bed back! lol

And after I had my gullbladder removed, I had those chills and sweats too, but I was taking tylenol with codeine. They told me it could be a reaction to it. So I quit taking it and had to deal with the pain. But if you aren't taking anything, it very well could be withdrawls. Percocet is not a drug you wanna mess with!

Beth said...

Congratulations, Jamie! Your new baby is beautiful! I pray you have a quick recovery from the C-Section & stones. You sure did have an uncomfortable pregnancy.