Friday, September 05, 2008

Mama

I have been feeling pretty good. Well, yesterday I barely ate. I've had diarrhea for the past couple of days. I tried to eat again this morning but that wasn't wise. Yesterday I pretty much stuck to the BRAT diet...and did ok, so I guess I'll have to try it again today. I sure hope I feel better soon since my mom and stepdad fly in today! I am tired but take naps when I need them. I haven't done a whole lot around here. I took my tape off yesterday and the incision looks good, besides in one spot there's like a scab there! So I may end up calling and asking about that!

Sweet Pea didn't gain any weight from Tues-Thurs. so they want me to nurse her, supplement with an ounce of formula and pump to see how much she's missing from me. So far I've been unable to get her to take the formula. She's so tired all she does is sleep. I'm about to try again...and I have a washcloth ready to get her wet if she tries to sleep! She's still so tiny! I've been keeping track of how often she nurses...usually about every 2 hours for 10 to 15 minutes on only one side. She poops often and has wet diapers as well. So, I guess I keep trying to get her to eat as much as possible. She ate a lot last night it seemed! Ended up with mama in bed for a portion of the night because it seemed like she just wanted to suck!

I haven't really had the baby blues or anything. But, it may get a bit stressful with my stepdad around, or even my mom for that matter. I remember after having one of the other kiddos and Kim (stepdad) came and I just felt like I couldn't handle it! But that was right after baby...I've had some time to be home with no company so I'm thinking it should go well. Sometimes I'm a bit short with the kids, but what else is new in that area!?! I'm just thankful I'm not a sobbing basketcase as I was with Booty Shaker!

9 comments:

Amie said...

Hope your feeling better and Sweet Pea starts gaining the ounces.

Angie said...

When both Jacob & Claire were born, my Mom came down about a week after they arrived. I would have loved to have people there right away, but I was glad that I had my own routine down before having to deal with company.

We shall see how this time goes...my Mom and others will be here for the birth and then Nick's Mom & Dad are coming for the weekend of the 27th--oh Lord!

Hope you feel better and the washcloth wakes little girly up!!

Mama P said...

I hope you feel better soon! That stinks to be on the mend and then have something else come up.

I hope baby girl starts gaining! I hate doctor advice about breastfeeding...that is silly of them to imply that if you pump at the end of a session you will tell how much she is "missing", because you never run out of milk, even after they have finished a nursing session! What they should be doing is weighing her before a feeding, and then after, to see an estimate of how much she got. It could be an issue with her latch/sucking instead of an issue with how much milk you have. Send me a message if you want more info...HUGS!

She is beautiful! Tell H that IK said hi. :)

Anna said...

Well I hope you start feeling better, hope Sweet Pea starts to gain at least an ounce or two:) Give it time, all babies are different. As for your scab on the incision, leave it alone, it is probably a pocket where there was some left over blood that has dried up now. It will fall off on it's own:) Hope you have a fabulous visit from your family!!

Babyface74 said...

Jamie, I hope you feel better. Sounds like your sweet pea like to fall asleep on the job. Don't stress if she isn't up to the formula. Its thicker than your breast milk and may be harder for her to get out of the bottle at first.

Zack hated the bottle when he was nursing. He went straight o a cup a four months. He would push the bottle away. So we tried a sippy and he did fine for his one formula supplement after that. It will all work out, you will see.

Have a great weekend.

Shari said...

Oh, I agree with Saraj. When Melina was in the hospital after not gaining weight. We had to weigh her before and after eating. We even had to weigh her diapers too so we knew how much to substract for that. Very grueling but that was how we found out that I wasn't producing enough. Hope that helps. Keep us up on that.

Anonymous said...

You have had such a hard month - rest, rest, rest and drink, drink, drink (water - not the hard stuff - ha ha ha)! That was the best advice I ever got:) Even though I don't know the ladies who left the other 2 comments about weighing the babies that seems to make allot more sense:) But God gave you this precious baby and with prayer he will tell you just how to handle the situation - We will send up some prayers for you here too:) She is a doll! Good Job!
Gina

DDanielle said...

oh both Daniel and Matthew lost weight after the hospital. I was fortunate though and had doctors who after hearing how much they were eating at a time said "keep it up he will start to gain" The next appointment they did. Oh and Daniel was on formula and Matthew nursed...Matthew was in the clear much sooner.

Angel at Aduladi' said...

When did it stop being the norm for babies to lose a little when they went home? All mine did, and the doctors told me to expect it. Have we "evolved" enough that that is no longer supposed to happen, LOL!?