Saturday, September 06, 2008

Nursing

Thanks for the responses on the nursing issue. I haven't been real concerned about SP's weight gain, but of course you know how doctors can be! She's only taken formula like once...and boy did she make a face! She sure doesn't like that stuff! I've been nursing her about every two hours and even pumping at times. I'm determined to stick it out. I really don't want my baby to have formula! I even posed the question to the Above Rubies egroup and had a wonderful response. One lady is a La Leche League leader and had some wonderful advice and sent me a link to this website: Dr. Jay Gordon. I like what he said under the breastfeeding column about looking at the baby and not the scale. That is how I feel and I'll just stick with my mommy instincts and keep doing what I'm doing! Monday is her two-week checkup. I'm hoping she'll have gained at least a little bit!!! I'll keep you posted!


Enjoying the parents being here...the men & Junior Squirrel went fishing for like 6 hours today! So its fish for dinner tonight! Booty Shaker wanted to stay home with us girls. We headed to the farmers market, Walmart and then ate lunch at Chili's. I just LOVE their molten chocolate cake and we all devoured it!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

That cake looks so good. I even went to check out if their is a Chili's around here. Darn, there wasn't,just in Fargo. I would drive to Fargo for that, but don't think that will go over with Jess too well.

Choppzs said...

I just read the below post and all I have to say is that sometimes docs get us all worried and up in arms about stuff like that when in reality, as long as she's eating normally, and she's not sickly she's doing absolutely fine! My lactation consultant told me that as long as they are pooing and peeing, they are good to go. Just because they don't gain a bunch of weight, doesn't mean they aren't getting enough food. I would skip the formula and just nurse her as often as possible. Plus, if you get her used to formula, she may not want you. But you probably already know all this. With the other 3 kiddos. lol I just hate it when doctors make you feel like you aren't doing everything for your child just because they aren't what they consider to be "the norm". Good luck!

jljdcraig4 said...

I'm so glad that your Mom and Stepdad are there now. Maybe that will take the edge off of the worrying about SP's weight. My best friend was nagged about each and every one of her children's weight (they were all breastfed).........and I often thought "Don't they even LOOK at the parent?" Kindra has always been very slim, like you; it would be a surprise if she had off-the-chart weighing babies. lol

Be blessed, Jamie, and really enjoy S.P; you know how fast time flies w/these little ones.......
Love,
Lynn

Angel at Aduladi' said...

Go with your gut girl!! It's amazing that any one of us survived before the Great and Powerful Oz created the pharmaceutical companies that make formula!

Give her a big kiss from me!