Tuesday, September 16, 2008

School is now

In session. Today began our first real 'official' day of school. Though back in August we'd done a bit of history, Bible and science and yesterday we began math. It is nice to be getting back into the swing of things, but I was getting quite perturbed with the kids. It seemed they just wouldn't leave the baby alone when she was sleeping. And it was nice to have her content laying by herself so I could teach them. Anyway, we made it through our first day. We did Bible, math, English and handwriting. Chatterbox also did Spelling and Junior Squirrel read me a book. Booty Shaker did his school too! I told them I had a surprise for them if they listened well. I'm not sure how deserving they were of the surprise, but I had to get out so we went to a homeschool park day. It's just a small Yahoo group and only one other family showed up but it was nice to get out (and to meet somebody new). Here are some pictures of our day (and although I have no pictures of the kiddos working away you can bet they did)!
Proud big brother holding baby after our fun at the park!To me her looks are changing already...Here are two pictures of Sweet Pea that I took on Sunday. She looked so adorable in her dress!

9 comments:

Darlene said...

You must be on here tonight since you post this while I was reading others blogs. Yea I am a window peeker:) Cute pics. I will have to print some out and if you could when you have time send me the ones you took on your camera when I was there and not there so I can get some in frames. Thanks. Love you. Mom

Angie said...

Looks like a fun day!

Claire climbed up next to me on the computer and said "Mommie, there a baby--baby night-night".

She is adorable, but I still see Booty Shaker in her face.

Mama P said...

Woo hoo! Pictures! I love seeing pics!

Christine said...

How did homeschooling go with little Sweet Pea? Is adjusting to four blessings, hard? She is just so gorgeous, Jamie! Anastasia is pointing to her on the computer and saying "ba ba by". ;)

Kim said...

Looks like a fun day. Jalynn is doing the same, pointing at the screen and saying baby, making it difficult for me to type. She's waving her hand like she wants her to come to her.

Babyface74 said...

The kids look they are having a blast. I bet next time you tell them you have a surprise they will work a little harder, hoping its the park again.

I bribe mine with a trip to the thrift stores, Zach LOVES to shop. Its always fun to see what treasure we can find. Its a great motivator for us. ;-)

Laura said...

What great pictures! I'm one of the ones who reads a lot and doesn't comment much...sorry about that! I'll try to comment more often. :)

Risa said...

I still have to figure out where to get spelling and math in - they have been working on memorizing the times tables so it's not like we don't do math, we just haven't started MUS yet because it says they should memorize the times tables first...but I've got to get started with it soon - probably next week.

I didn't like wordly wise once I got it. It was too much memory work and too many workbook pages - which they hate to do. So I'm sending it back and I think I'm going to get Sequential Spelling.

The kids look like they had fun at the park!

I think Abby is changing too - she isn't in that newborn stage anymore, she's starting to look like she's filling out and getting into the infant stage. (I just invented when those happen so don't quote me on that!LOL) Either way, she's so cute and I can't wait to meet her! :)

Melissa said...

Sounds like school is off to a great start. Sweet Pea is so beautiful!