Friday, September 19, 2008

we all survived

Our first week back to school is over. We made it! I should say *I* made it! Haha! Today I think was the most difficult...Chatterbox was giving me an attitude about everything. Otherwise its been great to get back into it. Since Sweet Pea sleeps a lot it isn't difficult at all with a baby (yet). Here are some highlights of our week:

  • Wednesday we drove to Ames and went to lunch with Zach. We got to meet more of his co-workers and show off the baby.
  • One of the wives made a huge delicious meal for us. I've still got 4 meals in the freezer that I want to use on days when I feel I absolutely need them!
  • Yesterday we got to play outside with such nice weather. Chatterbox was excited to be able to do her reading outside.
  • I am impressed with how much they remember from last year. I wasn't sure how well Junior Squirrel would do with reading, though he's read some this summer. He's been doing pretty well- I'm proud of him.
  • Booty Shaker had a preschool book I'd gotten from Walgreen's. We started it back in August. We finished it yesterday. Good thing I've got other preschool books to do because he really likes to do school too. Today he was real excited he got to do math like his sister and brother!
  • Last night Sweet Pea allowed me to sleep more than the night before. She woke every three hours as opposed to every 1-2! It was nice to feel like I was getting some sleep!
  • I did something to my neck yesterday and boy does it hurt. At times I feel like I can barely move!
  • We made a trip to the library last night as a family and all picked out books (well Daddy didn't because he's taking two classes and has enough reading to do, not to mention he needs to start studying his CDCs). I got a Jodi Picoult book...I normally stick to Christian books but I really like her books.
  • Yesterday was the Air Force's birthday. Happy birthday! lol I meant to do something 'special' for school but never did get around to it.

This weekend the weather is supposed to be beautiful. I have no idea what the plans are but hopefully we'll find some fun and cheap to do. Well, the boys are hungry so I better get our dinner!

Oh I have no idea how to make it so people can 'follow' my blog or RSS feeds or anything. I know I'm private, but I've been able to follow blogs that are private. Anybody know what I have to do???

4 comments:

PBJCJ said...

It definitely sounds like you had a productive week! You are really making me look bad:) Two out of three of my kids are in school all day and I still dont accomplish half of that..LOL!
I cant believe how much the little one has changed already! Just in the pics that I see, her little face is changing - dont you hate how fast that happens!
Love ya!

Babyface74 said...

Way to go on the schooling! We kinda goofed off today. Three hours at Sam's for shopping and I was loading pictures to be printed, and turned in 17 rolls to be developed. I keep finding them all over the place...We have ben digital for 3 years so I am wondering what is on all that film...We did gardening when we got home. For your neck try stretching it the oppisite way of the hurt. Icing it may help too. Hope you have a nice weekend.

jljdcraig4 said...

Hey Jamie,

I am so glad that I stopped in here tonight to catch up on what's going on w/your wonderful family. I can't believe how much sweet pea has grown already! And the other precious ones look so grown up now. That's what a new baby in the house does to siblings, I guess.

It sounds like things are falling together for you w/the schooling and all, Praise GOD.........I am so happy that y'all are doing well.

Be blessed,
Lynn

alysia said...

Jamie, I am so happy for you and zach. It sounds like you are settling into life in Iowa and it is so wonderful to be able to see pictures of you and the kids! It's amazing how far we have come from our days at NMU! Congrats on your precious new baby! We will be having our own little one soon in April!