Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Thanks Papa!

Last night Zach wanted to go out and watch the Packer game (we don't get the channel it comes on). There was a homeschool group meeting for another group I wanted to check out. So my mom, Sweet Pea & I went to the meeting, Zach went to watch his game and Papa stayed home with the three older kiddos!!! If you know Papa you know that this is a huge thing;) He took the kiddos for a walk and when we came home they were all watching a movie. I'm very thankful he watched them so I could check out this group.

It was huge! I had to go into the new member orientation and people just kept piling in there. Then we went into the main meeting and there were so many people! Then they split up into smaller groups...there was a special needs group, My Father's World group, Charlotte Mason/eclectic group, textbook group and some others. I pretty much stick to textbooks, although I do enjoy the Charlotte Mason way and learning more about that. But I went to the textbook group. It was rather small, apparently many of the people in this group are more unschoolers. It's a bit different to me because they don't have regular park days or playdates or Mom's Night Out. But they do have a Bible study at their meetings and special speakers that come in (next month they'll talk about discerning your children's spiritual gifts, entrepreneurship and something else). I guess once our membership is approved we have access to the website and can post about getting together for playdates and such. I guess if nothing else I can set up and see if anybody wants to have a Mom's Night Out. That is one thing I just LOVED about my groups in MS. It really gave us mom's a chance to fellowship & share with one another (and feed our faces). One lady in my group is from the same town I'm from and has two daughters. She gave me her phone number. Another lady lives in a town not too far away (apparently people come from all over the Des Moines area) and also has two little girls. I'm just itching to meet some people and have some playdates. Oh, and I really need to find a baby-sitter!!!

5 comments:

Kim said...

So glad this homeschool meeting went really well for you. I'm so glad you met some friendly ladies, too. How nice is that for Papa to babysit. I bet they just had a blast together.

Me said...

Yay for Papa! A babysitter is always an excellent thing when there's never one around. It's hard for us to get one too and makes me wish family lived closer by :(

Sweet Pea is just adorable! Congratulations again to you guys!!

Amie said...

Good news about the homeschool group and Sweet Peas's weight!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful
HS Group! I love Park Day and still miss it from the MS group.
Glad all is going well.
Gina

Risa said...

That is a huge group! I would have a hard time functioning with so many people! I like groups that are small and more personal...but that probably isn't easy to find in such a big area!

I agree on the in the baby-sitter department! The last time though one of the other dads in our group took the kids while I went to a meeting because Bob was working. It was wonderful of him and when we got in the car Luke asked when we could go there again! LOL