Monday, February 02, 2009

attempting a post...

As I sit here I am NAK so I'm typing one-handed. The pup is locked in the kennel whining and the kids are upstairs being kids. I think I'm going to try this in bullets...

  • Daisy came home on Saturday. I don't think I've heard such delight from my kiddos in a long time! To hear Booty Shaker running around laughing with the pup made my day! Daisy's doing well with pottying. She went on her puppy pad right away (twice). She's had a few accidents, but today she hasn't had any yet (at least pee). Now that Zach's at work I keep in her her kennel a lot if nobody is able to really keep an eye on her. That will change once she's potty trained and I don't have to worry as much. But when we're in the midst of school or lunch or something I'd like to focus on just that and not worry about what accidents may happen!
  • Her first night home was bad. I don't think anybody got much sleep! But last night was better. And we had a Yorkie Poo years ago and our dog a few years ago and so far she is not even near as bad as they were! She's never had an accident in her kennel like they would! Go Daisy!!!
  • I am really annoyed with stores. I found a $6 winter coat at Walmart for Chatterbox for the remaining part of winter and next year. I don't know if its the warmest but she really needed one. So does Junior Squirrel (and then I'll pass his on to BS). I cannot find a boys winter coat anywhere!!! It is only February how can stores already be taking winter coats off the hangers???? Target had zilch. Kohl's didn't have the right size and they were so ugly and still quite pricey. I remembered I had another coat for him (though not as warm as what he had) but I took it out and had him wear it and BS got the hand-me-down. Problem solved unless it gets freezing cold, but we can always put on layers!
  • I so wanted to get the house cleaned this weekend. It really needed to be dusted. Saturday I managed to clean bathrooms (including showers/tubs). That was it. It was pretty busy looking for a coat and getting adjusted to a new dog. Yesterday I finally was able to get the house cleaned up. What a relief! I know it won't stay that way long but I sure feel like I can relax a bit easier when my house is clean. I am such a neat freak.
  • I found these recipes in one of my Pampered Chef cookbooks and have been enjoying them. You make a huge batch of the meat mixture to use for 3 different recipes. Last night we had Tostadas. Yum. Tonight its Pasta Roll Ups. They have this yummy veggie recipe where you roast veggies. It reminds me of my friend Beth's concoction and it is good. We'll have them tonight again! JS is really the only child who likes them but oh well!
  • We hope to get our taxes filed soon. I was trying to do it online. I can't even remember what we got back for our Stimulus check!
  • The pup has a vet appointment tonight. She'll get started on her shots and all.
  • Oh, Saturday night we did a history lesson on John the Baptist and made edible locusts. I'll try to post pictures soon. The kids loved them. Good thing Zach was here to help out...he's good at that stuff! Me, I have no creativity!
  • Well, the timers buzzing and Zach's home so I better get off. I know there was more I was going to write but this is all I have time for!

4 comments:

DDanielle said...

Good call on keeping her in the kennel when you can't keep an eye on her. I have to say I love Kennel training. I was hoping to finish taxes today (I took the day off for Manu's doc appointment) but Turbotax was down:-(

Kim said...

Good to hear Daisy is doing well with the training. I've been meaning to go to JC penney to see if they have their coats on sale. I got the boys coats there last year for this year. They were $80 coats each and I got them for $8 each. I was hoping to find Jalynn a coat for next winter.

Amie said...

Can't wait to see these edible locusts!

PBJCJ said...

Hey:) Thanks for the veggie compliment! I remember cooking them for you guys when we visited. I also remember your yummy pasta that we had that night as well - I need that recipe!