Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Africa

My dear friend Brandi has just returned from a trip to Uganda. You can read about her trip and see pictures and videos on her blog. Now I have never met Brandi in person but I feel like I have (and I wish we'd have met by now, she is amazing). Back when we began our adoption journey I joined some adoption groups (Yahoo) and met so many great people through them, one of whom is Brandi. I read about her adoption journey on her blog, we emailed and then began to call on the phone. Things in our lives got real busy and we haven't stayed in touch as well but that is ok! We frequent one anothers blogs and it is always a huge encouragement (and slap in the face) to read her blog. Here I sit complacent in my life and she's down in Florida working her tail off to help orphans and the needy in Africa! It is awesome to see how God is using her (and Greg too). Please stop by her blog, grab a tissue or two and maybe even a few dollars to help our fellow brothers and sisters in Africa. And remember to pray for Africa!

While we're at it, I see that Donna just returned from Liberia. I'm trying to not be jealous...I want to go to Africa! Wait, I think Donna's blog is private...the stories and pictures just bring pictures to my eyes though.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Awe. . you are so sweet! I always tell people that one of hte best things that came about from adoption that was unexpected was the FRIENDS! Who knew?

Thanks again. I need to write even more of my Uganda time and can't wait to get more video of those sweet kiddos. I'm still dreaming about them!

Brandi

missy said...

hey jamie, i agree with you about brandi, but don't ever discount what you are doing at home with your children. that is where God has you right now and raising your children in the ways of the Lord is kingdom work at its finest :o)
love ya,
missy