Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This is a Special Post

Why, you may be wondering, is it so special? Because it is my 1,000th post! Is that crazy or what? I remember sitting in our 'computer closet' in North Carolina and reading blogs- Amie's, Heather's and a few others I am sure. It was so fun reading about them and getting to know them through cyberspace. Finally after we'd moved to Mississippi I'd decided to try my own hand at blogging. My first post was May 31, 2005. Over three years later here I am, still blogging! I really enjoy my blog. It gives family and friends near and far a chance to keep up on our lives. They can hear what we're doing and see how the kids grow. I like that I can 'vent' on my blog. I've always enjoyed writing and I feel like I can just come to my computer and write what my brain may be thinking better than saying it out loud. At the same time I've wished my blog to be more than what it is. I've hoped for it to be more encouraging as a Christian, wife, mother, homeschooler, etc. But to be honest I guess I feel I struggle in these areas, so what 'good' would my words be? I have been blessed by all of the new friends I've made through blogging (too many of you to name). It's also been a lot of fun to keep up with old IRL friends and to see them begin blogs. I think it would sadden me to no longer have a blog and a way to keep in touch with my friends. Being in a new place and not having met a whole lot of new people yet, YOU are my friends and sometimes it feels as if you're right here (well you are right here in my living room as I read about your lives)! Thank you for reading, encouraging and putting up with me and my blog! I hope to keep it going for a long time!

7 comments:

Kim said...

WOW! Happy 1000th blog post. That seems like you've done alot of typing over 3+ years. Look forward to reading many more.

Brandi said...

Wow 1000! That's amazing. Congrats!

Brandi
PS Your comment made me laugh. . um, people who don't like me? Remember my whole expose? haha thanks anyways!

paige said...

Jamie ~
Your blog was a huge encouragement to me to blog more. i love coming here & always finding something new. You're *good* at this.
Congratulations on 1000 posts!

Amie said...

Wow! I don't think I'm even close to a 1000 yet.

Jamie said...

Well, you know how pictures can sometimes take up multiple posts...so its not all words:)

Becca said...

I enjoy your blog too.....don't stop anytime soon!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for blogs.
They help me keep up with friends and my family to keep up with me and it absolutely takes the phone call pressure off:)
1,000 congrats to you,
Gina