Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Rainy Tuesday

Where do I begin? I seem to have things to post about yet at the same time I don't (does that make sense?). Last night I went to another homeschool meeting. I felt like I was at a ladies retreat with so many other women around! This group is huge! Another gal I'd met at the last meeting rode with me. We had speakers last night on entrepreneurship. discerning your child's spiritual gifts and different teaching styles. Very interesting. But I feel like you don't get a lot of room for really meeting and getting to know other people. We did sit at the same tables as people from our same cities and there was time to talk here and there, but its just different compared to what I'm used to. What do your homeschool groups do? Especially if you are in a bigger group? I guess I just need to step out there and set up a play time or park day or something (and maybe a Mom's night). It seems like a great group though, just not as easy to meet people as it was in MS.

This morning we went to the Guard base here and got our new military ID cards. We also enrolled the baby under our insurance (finally got her social security card). I also had a doctor appointment. I was told by Tricare that I needed to see a doctor in order to get a referral to an optometrist but when I'd called about it a second time they said that wasn't necessary. I'd already had the appointment and kept it since I need to find a doctor anyway. I'm not sure what I think of the practice. It was small. And I had all my children...and the one lady just looked and then commented, "You have your hands full." They certainly were full at the time as I'd taken Sweet Pea and was trying to nurse her! They were friendly but I don't know...I guess I'm just not used to being able to pick my own doctor and I want a good one!

I have my 6 week check-up later this afternoon so its a busy day! I was up so early too and didn't sleep well last night! It's been raining since yesterday evening and in the middle of the night there was the LOUDEST clap of thunder that woke both Zach & I up! It scared me so bad...at first I thought we were being bombed or something! My heart wouldn't slow down for a long time! So its our first attempt with our baby-sitter. I hope she remembers...I tried to call and remind her last night and earlier today but haven't gotten through. I was going to offer to pick her up with all of the rain...let's hope I don't have to drag the three older kids with me....I think I'd just cancel if that were the case! Can't spread the legs for the doctor with them all around!!!

So today we aren't even doing school. Why stress myself over that when there's all this running around to do!?! The kids were playing 'movie' earlier and now they're busy building with their Lego's. Junior Squirrel sure is great at that...just like drawing. Actually, Booty Shaker is getting real good too. Speaking of BS, he sure can write his letters!!! He may not know what they all are yet but he's pretty good at just sitting there on his own and writing letters! When (or if) things ever slow down I really should work with him better on them and see if he just takes off!!!

It seems there was more I was going to write about but my brain has shut down for now. Tomorrow Sweet Pea gets her skin tag by her ear removed...poor baby.

It is really inconvenient with no laptop...I hate sitting in the basement!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Definitely sounds like you are having a very busy day! Hope all goes well for you w/ the new sitter and all the dr. appts.

Anna said...

Sheeesh you sure are busy, I love all of the pictures below, your kids are SO cute:)

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amie said...

Sounds like your homeschool group needs a "fun committee" or something.

Our boys love their legos too. It's neat to see how their creations get better and better as they get older.

Babyface74 said...

Here is what we are doing in our HS group. This month we are splitting up into groups by the city we live in. We are meeting at the home of one of the members. For us it just happens to be our youth pastors wife. It will give us a chance to meet more moms from our area. Than this friday night we are having Vero Mom's night out. Its being held at my church in the fellowship hall. You can bring scrapebooking, sewing, reading, whatever you want to do. And it is strictly for the homeschooling mom's.

I can't say we are huge, but we have a big county and people from the next county over join our group because its closer than joining the one from their county.

I hope this helps. I know the feeling of being hte newbie. ;-) We also have a website that has a forum to announce play dates and other functions going on in the community. We also have an email system set up through the website. So all we have to do is send an email to the site and it goes to all the registered members.

We already have a field trip planned from it. We are going to a farm and get to milk a cow, take a hay ride, train ride, and bring home a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. The kids are excited. The closest we get to a farm is driving by some abandoned groves here and there.

I hope your babysitter worked out. And that you got a good report from the Dr.

Me said...

Wow, busy girl!

I know what you mean about sitting in the basement. At least you have a laptop. I have to sit down here after the girls are in bed to do anything on the computer.