Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Listening to the heat run

Yep, our heater is on. It is SO cold!!! The dampness does not help matters either. The company that built our home STILL hasn't come out to seal properly around the door...which doesn't help. I need to get on top of emailing them AGAIN. I swear I've sent like 10 emails to them already! Very annoying! Plus I am not used to cold like this...and its only going to get worse. Brrrr. I need to get some winter clothing!

Sweet Pea seems to be a bit better today. She's been sleeping for awhile now, little sweetie. I totally blanked on getting gas drops last night when we were out! Grrrr! You'd think after having how many babies you'd know how to 'fix' them, but they're all so different you just never know and then begin to doubt your mothering at times! But all is good now (for now).

Chatterbox has had another attitude today in school...with her math. So I will continue to give her math problems until she 'gets it'. She did not know 4+Q=5! She even has blocks she can use to figure it out and she just couldn't get it. Grrrr!

I need to dig out winter coats, just to be prepared. Maybe some extra blankets too. Today I'm washing bedding. I hate to admit I haven't done this in a LONG time (at least the kids')! BUT Booty Shaker is usually in our bed and the other two weren't always sleeping under the covers...they would sleep on top of them with a different blanket! So its not like they were nasty but still...that's what happens when you get out of your 'loop' and add another child to the mix! Things just don't get done like they once did, but that is ok! When it starts to get gross it drives me nuts though and I can't really settle until I get it all cleaned up!

Junior Squirrel has been doing so well in school! Last year it took awhile for him to get the hang of reading but this year he has been doing great! Even his spelling tests he does so well! We had fun working in his workbook today...there were some lips so he made eyes above them. I took out his red crayon and colored the lips...then he added hair! So I wrote the word kiss next to the lips! He thought it hilarious! Sometimes I feel like I seldom have fun with the kids while doing school. I mean I enjoy it but I'm not silly and they like that sometimes. It's so important to make learning fun (I need to constantly remind myself of that).

Well I better finish up our lunch and school. Oh, I'm making this new dish for dinner, called Chicken Casserole. I'll have to let you know how it turns out...it seemed like a weird mixture and you had to refrigerate it overnight! Now all I'll have to do for dinner is throw it in the oven! And probably add a veggie and some biscuits.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I bet it is such a hard time adjusting to the cold temps after being in the south for so long. I'm so glad to hear Sweet Pea is doing better for you. With lack of sleep and othe kids to deal with, it's definitely draining on you when a baby is fussy. That's so awesome they are doing good in school. JJ has had an attitude with school work lately too. It must be the age. Pass the recipe along to me if you like it. Im eager to try it to.

Anonymous said...

Laundry ...makes me say GRRRRR....
I finally made up a calendar with chores for everyone in the house.
So that I could remember what I had done when. I think I have pregnancy brain though:)Gina