Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Smells like poopy

Last night on our grocery store run we climbed out of the vehicle and I about upchucked the Mexican food I'd just devoured. The smell was just awful...it smelled like diarrhea! I suppose its the farms around here or something, but the thing is I don't think there's really a farm that near to Walmart. And it didn't smell at our house or the restaurant. Sometimes you get to a certain place and there's this awful smell. I guess its the joys of living in a farming area...although even in MS there would be certain smells at times...especially after Hurricane Katrina. The back bay in the mornings and on I-10 going across the bridge to Pascagoula...YUCK! I think this smell topped those ones though...sometimes I wish I had a 'nose plug' (is there such a thing???).

3 comments:

Kim said...

How disgusting! We get certain smells around here too, only thing they smell like pee to us. Maybe the farmers were spreading manure for fertilizer around there some where.

Babyface74 said...

YUK! We get that here every once in a great while. The wind will blow in just the right direction and we will smell the land fill. Its a few miles away so the conditions have to just right.

jljdcraig4 said...

I had to chuckle reading this post, Jamie...............We have the same thing going on here. In the summer, there were many nights when I wanted to simultaneously choke and vomit due to the smell here...............It really made the smog of Tokyo seem appealing.

Aaaaah, the 'fresh' smell of country living.

Be blessed,
Lynn